Lack of FP+ options

It makes sense that they are limiting the number of FPs being given out. What we are hearing about modified experiences is that when Disney reopens, not all 4 parks are going to be reopening. The rumors are that Disney will start with 2 parks. It makes sense that they are giving out fewer FPs since they may have to give recovery FPs to those who have FPs for a park that is closed. Purely speculation on my part, but it makes sense to me.

I have a reservation for 6/13 thru 6/27. The FP selection for the first 7 days was paltry. But for the 2nd week, we were able to get everything. Only two of us going, but got FOP on several days, all the tier 1's for HS etc. Appears if you are staying longer you have a better opportunity to get FP on the latter part of your stay and the majority of the FP were for morning.
That's the problem with the "system" (in my opinion) of letting you make FPs for the entire lenght of your stay. .. you were making Fast Passes for days that most other on-site guests won't even have an opportunity to for another week yet!.

For example, you (and a bunhc of other people with 5+ day trips have already gotten Fast passes for the last day of my trip (6/20) two days before I can even attempt to make my fast passes for that day. That is why the first 7 days were "paltry" .. and that is the issue most people seem to be having. Is that either the fast pass amounts have been reduced OR there are a LOT of people booked on-site for mid-June right now.

That's the problem with the "system" (in my opinion) of letting you make FPs for the entire lenght of your stay. .. you were making Fast Passes for days that most other on-site guests won't even have an opportunity to for another week yet!.

For example, you (and a bunhc of other people with 5+ day trips have already gotten Fast passes for the last day of my trip (6/20) two days before I can even attempt to make my fast passes for that day. That is why the first 7 days were "paltry" .. and that is the issue most people seem to be having. Is that either the fast pass amounts have been reduced OR there are a LOT of people booked on-site for mid-June right now.

That is the length of stay advantage though.
Likewise, with a 4 day stay you have an advantage over those with a 1,2, or 3 day stays that occurs during the latter part of your trip. It's all relative.

I'm not sure what the solution would be for that? Daily booking of fastpasses? That would be horrendous.
I don't see a problem with length of stay advantage personally.

I'm watching this thread closely though as seeing how FP availability is and what they do with park operations will definitely have an impact on if we keep our trip or not.

Anybody think the reason for the limited fast pass is thats how all rides will be run. No standby lines.

Anybody think the reason for the limited fast pass is thats how all rides will be run. No standby lines.
read the thread, that's what people have been speculating, if the rides would go into a fp/vq only. In the end no one knows

Yeah, many ideas on this thread but my gut is telling me it is going to be a combo of things. Unless i hear differently from Disney themselves, i haven't seen anything or anyone that could make me think otherwise.
All parks and Disney resorts will open on June 1st only allowing 30-60% max capacity per day. I can almost guarantee they are not at that yet. too many scared or cancelled or rescheduled already, deservedly so.
you will go through temp control 'tunnel' to get your non-contact temperature checked. anything above 100.4 you will not be allowed in.
fastpass availability will be at 30-60% as normal, spaced out with circles everywhere 6 feet apart for people to stand
Standby lines will only be allowed to be 30-60% length as normal, having circle everywhere that are spaced 6 feet apart for people to stand
Total ride rates for each day will be close to half due to spacing and/or cleaning they will do after each ride before new riders get in seats
shows/meet and greet/dinners/etc with close contact will be either canceled or spaced out to only allow 30-60% capacity

That is June and July IMO

Last edited:

Today was our fastpass day. The selections were not good at all. We have been many times and have never not been able to get the headliners. If Disney is open in June I will be debating whether we will go. Staying onsite is a perk and not being able to get fastpass’ isn’t worth the cost,

Today was our fastpass day. The selections were not good at all. We have been many times and have never not been able to get the headliners. If Disney is open in June I will be debating whether we will go. Staying onsite is a perk and not being able to get fastpass’ isn’t worth the cost,
My day was today as well! I also couldn't get ANYTHING. I'm already planning to not go, I just wanted to see how to do FastPasses for my rescheduled trip. This was my first time.

Edit: My trip was for June 14th through the 20th. I got right on at 7 AM and went straight to the 17th which is when we were doing Hollywood Studios. no Smugglers Run available. Next I went to the 16th for Animal, no FOP but I believe there was Expedition Everest for the afternoon, no morning (I'll could be remembering wrong). Navi River was available. Then I went to the 15th for Magic, no Seven Dwarfs or Big Thunder Mountain.

Last edited:
For those reporting in, it would helpful for other DISers to know a bit more about your trip details. Specifically, length of trip, how far into the trip you were trying to get certain FPs, some specific examples of a FP not available and when, etc.

I just finished mine. Was toughest time ever had. our trip is 13 days. that is usual length of our trips. so i always have access ahead of the weekers.

I never had an issue for fast passes in the morning for new or tough rides at day 5 plus. this time was the same. i got mine train, falcon, fop, mickey train. slinky was PM. but recent trips it has also been like that even in the plus 5 day range for me for some reason. so again no change.

for the day 1 to 5 this is where i saw issues. i could not get big thunder for any day of my trip. first time i ever had issues. a lot of my times were 1030 am plus which i never ever have issues for 9 and on. i am usually out of the parks by 1 after a quick lunch or shopping. last ride usually 11 time slot. not tis trip. 12 time slots all over.

i'm not going back in to try and modify or anything. i'll wait till may'ish to see how this all plays out. we are dvc and we go 2-3 times a year. so if i don't have fast passes i don't care except for something i haven't seen yet. if we get to go we will just chill and people watch.

trip is june 13th it starts.

can u assume anything. not really. just:
1. they are limiting fast passes cause if u read above i got plus 5 days no issues and mostly got day 1-5 but later times.
2. it's going to be hypothetically busy and people are booking and making fast passes with regular amount of fast passes available or a limited pool as above.

other than that there is no assuming anything. people can talk and say this or that, but we know nothing.

jimi

ps do i think the parks will be open by my trip. no. news this morning already said. dr. f. was saying "to think we can open by may mid may. . . not likely." last friday he mentioned "maybe by nov we can have somewhat of a back to normal" then monday AM "maybe we can start in may to get things going". no one knows anything. it's like we say at work about our plan of care "these are fluid documents". this is a fluid situation. sad but this is our new world and we don't know what tomorrow will bring.

For those reporting in, it would helpful for other DISers to know a bit more about your trip details. Specifically, length of trip, how far into the trip you were trying to get certain FPs, some specific examples of a FP not available and when, etc.
That's a great point. I'll edit my post now!

My day was today as well! I also couldn't get ANYTHING. I'm already planning to not go, I just wanted to see how to do FastPasses for my rescheduled trip. This was

our trip is scheduled for June 14th- June 22nd. I started with the end of our trip first when selecting. I could not get FOP, Slinky dog, BTMRR, and could get 7DMT on our last day(Sunday) at 6:00 night. I did not try for Millenium Falcon.

That is the length of stay advantage though.
Likewise, with a 4 day stay you have an advantage over those with a 1,2, or 3 day stays that occurs during the latter part of your trip. It's all relative.

I'm not sure what the solution would be for that? Daily booking of fastpasses? That would be horrendous.
I don't see a problem with length of stay advantage personally.

I'm watching this thread closely though as seeing how FP availability is and what they do with park operations will definitely have an impact on if we keep our trip or not.
i would just not make fast passes if they were daily. going on daily day by day would be a pain. wouldn't be worth my time. most across the board are week trips. the longer trips like we do make up a way less percentage i would think. i might be wrong but.

our trip is scheduled for June 14th- June 22nd. I started with the end of our trip first when selecting. I could not get FOP, Slinky dog, BTMRR, and could get 7DMT on our last day(Sunday) at 6:00 night. I did not try for Millenium Falcon.
slinky dog is brutal for me even with 7 plus day trips. its always late day which we don't do anymore. when it first opened i was able to get early morning but then as months went on it has been getting harder vs easier as it ages.

I am the same as the few above. this morning was start of FP. terrible. Definitely have lowered drastically the amount of fp's available for sure!
6/14 - 6/20. onsite so 60 days out
ALL RIDES and SHOWS has MUCH more limitations and availability than everything i have read what should be available so I will just highlight some of the main top rides experience this morning. 7AM sharp:
HS - ALL 3 TIER 1 RIDES - NONE AVAILABLE THROUGH 60+6
MK - 7DMT - NONE AVAILABLE THROUGH 60+5 (ALL THE MOUNTAIN RIDES SEVERELY LIMITED ON TIMES EVERYTHING THROUGH 60+3)
AK - FOP - 1 SPOT WAS LEFT FOR LATE AFTERNOON 60+5. NOTHING BEFORE. NO MORNINGS FOR NAVI
EPCOT - TOP 3 TIER 1 RIDES - NO MORNING AVAILABLE THROUGH 60+5. GOT AFTERNOON 60+2

Got tired of looking for any decent ones for anything that was 60 or 60+1 so started 60+2. Even if open, this bumps our chances of rescheduling until next year much higher. this is our only time we can go this year. Disappointed but was prepared to be......

Last edited:
I was planning on a FP+ for BTM for 60+2 but seeing it unavailable on Dibbs at 60+6 right now we will change up the plan to RD instead.

Hopefully EMM will still happen otherwise our day will be nuked.
For sure! I have EMM planned during my July trip.

Our dates are 13-20 June and we had the same experience. What I found the oddest was Thunder Mountain availability - not one day, not one time.... huh? Its not scheduled for refurb, its not new or particularly popular. This alone tells me something is going on with FP+ that might make us reconsider our trip. My theory, sorry if this one has already been put out there - is that Disney is going to announce they are opening in June but may not make that announcement until May. If this happened with a "normal" availability of FP for us in April then NOTHING would be left for people making reservations in May for June only a few weeks away. So Disney is "fencing" a significant portion of FP reservations until that announcement is made....

Our dates are 13-20 June and we had the same experience. What I found the oddest was Thunder Mountain availability - not one day, not one time.... huh? Its not scheduled for refurb, its not new or particularly popular. This alone tells me something is going on with FP+ that might make us reconsider our trip. My theory, sorry if this one has already been put out there - is that Disney is going to announce they are opening in June but may not make that announcement until May. If this happened with a "normal" availability of FP for us in April then NOTHING would be left for people making reservations in May for June only a few weeks away. So Disney is "fencing" a significant portion of FP reservations until that announcement is made....
this makes sense. My guess is they are 'holding' some back for 30 day FP as well AND will cut the overall availability of all of them by around half per day, imo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter