Lack of FP+ options

FWIW, I can see a 60+7 window today. Poking around MK options for the week, BTMR is really the only one that's really wonky, everything else seems normal to me. Search is for a party of 4.

BTMR
Nothing for 60 through 60+4

60+5

60+6 - Nothing

60+7

FWIW, I can see a 60+7 window today. Poking around MK options for the week, BTMR is really the only one that's really wonky, everything else seems normal to me. Search is for a party of 4.

BTMR
Nothing for 60 through 60+4

60+5
View attachment 489719

60+6 - Nothing

60+7
View attachment 489720
Out of curiosity, could you possibly check for how Splash is looking? The Dibb doesn't track it and its a must do ride for us, and those are the beginning of our trip dates

Out of curiosity, could you possibly check for how Splash is looking? The Dibb doesn't track it and its a must do ride for us, and those are the beginning of our trip dates

Here you go. Note that anything in the screenshot is just what shows up when you click more times - if you book a time you can pretty easily modify/nudge around times that don't appear here, especially 60+2 on.

60+1

60+2

60+3

60+4

And the rest continues that pattern....pretty much wide open.

I booked this morning (7 am) for a June 20-27 trip. No surprise based on the other reports, but I found availability to be a bit worse than "normal" early in the trip (though I've never been in June before; usually go in the fall) and better later in the trip. Here's a quick recap:

DHS: was able to book my preferred Tier 1 rides on days 60+6 (MFSR around noon; MMRR was available a little later in the afternoon) and 60+7 (MMFF around noon; better availability because so far into the trip but still nothing in the morning); at 60+5 days at DHS, there was availability for some Tier 1 later in the afternoon (I recall seeing SDD around 3:00; don't recall if MMRR or MF were available later that day or not). I checked also for DHS on day 60+2 and no Tier 1s were available at all.

MK: On day 60+1, no SDMT or BTM; in fact, BTM was not available at all (at least for the days I was checking) until day 60+7. Weird. I did get a SDMT fastpass on day 60+3, but 3:20 was the earliest available (which is a buzz kill based on the way we do the parks). Checked also for arrival day, but no SDMT or BTM at all that day (no big surprise for SDMT).

AK: tried making FPs for day 60+4, and was able to get FOP but not until mid-afternoon (around 3 was the earliest). Other rides like EE and KS were reasonably available. Checked also for day 60 (arrival day) and no FOP available; Navi in the evening. What you might expect.

Didn't book FPs at Epcot for this trip, but did check a few days and Tier 1 rides seemed reasonably available on the days I checked.

Anyway, just sharing what I found. Some strange things (like BTM being so limited), and maybe a bit more limited early in the trip, but not too far off from what one might expect.

Last edited:

I have since been able to pick up several FP's by frequently checking MDE. I was able to snag a 7DMT for the 2nd day of our trip and have been able to move several evening FP to earlier in the day for Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. Still waiting to try and snag a MF or MMR at the studios but overall pretty happy with what we have so far.

Been trying this, but no dice so far. We even have one day where we don't have 3 fast passes even booked because the only things available are shows. Got no tier 1 fast passes at Hollywood Studios. Maybe more will open up as it gets closer to time.

Because of how we were forced to book, we built our entire plan around what fast passes we were able to get. Got everything we wanted at Magic Kingdom and Epcot but had to have duplicate fast passes on our two Hollywood Studios days because Tower of Terror and Star Tours were the only rides available on one of our days. Was able to get an 8pm Toy Story Mania on the other day.

ETA: We would have booked for later in the year but this was the only full week that had Animal Kingdom Lodge availability through DVC for the rest of the year. We've never stayed there so were really looking forward to that. I guess we'll have to pick a different resort if this falls through. Extremely disappointing all the way around.

Last edited:
Are there certain times of the day that are better than others on looking at modifying FP's for better ones? I know right now it is even more difficult i am sure

Just doing some more poking around FP availability as I can see 60+13 right now.

To me it definitely looks like MMRR and MFSR FP distribution doesn't start until 10:30am (in contrast, most attractions are normally 9am'ish for a 9am opening). It's only 1.5 hours, but the delay only serves to cram demand into fewer hours. They also end at 8pm (some rides go to 8:30) so throw that in the mix as well.

Back when they were moving DHS starts to 8am every few weeks, they were adding FP supply. If we ever have the good fortune to be back in that environment, that's usually among the best times to tinker with the DHS Tier 1 FP times.

BTW, for clarity, MFSR and MMRR not having FPs right at rope drop is not a new thing - that was happening before the closure. There were a few random reports of people getting some early, but my most accounts supply was non-existent/very limited.

Just clarifying that as it's not a COVID change.

Been trying this, but no dice so far. We even have one day where we don't have 3 fast passes even booked because the only things available are shows. Got no tier 1 fast passes at Hollywood Studios. Maybe more will open up as it gets closer to time.

Just got Aerosmith for the day we only had 2 fast passes. At 7pm, but at least we have 3 on that day now. Hopefully we can move that up to earlier in the day if the park stays open that week.

Hey guys. Today is my FP day. I have a two week split stay, DVC bookings, with AP. I was able to make FP’s for our entire stay without any split stay issues. Getting what I wanted, when I wanted, was another story.

Since I have a lot of days, I do not want to bore you guys with full details, but the first week was hardest to book. We are concentrating mainly on Epcot and HS this week.

**I could not get anything *good at HS until 60+6 (made Evening FP’s to get what I wanted) and then at 60+7. I even tried making just evening FP’s for the first week at HS, but no tier one/2 of anything I wanted was even available. (*To note: Slinky, Mickey, TSM are the main 3 rides I was trying for.)

**Epcot was ok. Test Track was only available for late afternoon or evening till 60+5 for me. Got Soarin as alternate on the other days.

**AK - only booked one day of FP’s for this week - got everything I wanted, in order, exactly to the hour.

For week number two, we concentrated mostly on Magic Kingdom, and I got everything I wanted. 4 of our days are Mine/BTM/Splash to the hour. (Kids are very selective with their rides!!! 😬) The other days I changed things up.

I’m actually still not done and I started at 7am. Will keep checking to see if anything else opens up.

Good luck everyone! pixiedust:

PS - Wanted to say a big thank you to a friend of mine who talked me off a ledge this morning. Always the voice of reason and positivity. So appreciative 🤗

Last edited:
This is so odd - I was not able to see BTMRR at all during our trip? Booked last Saturday and even for 60+9 I get the "no fastpasses available" message? Just looked again for 6/27/20 and nothing. Strange.

I still think something is up when it comes to certain FP+. Right now according to The Dibb FP+ availability (last update 4/21 @ 11:24a) you can not get MMRR until 60+6! That is insane, which makes me think it has to be limited. You can still get SDD and MFSR at 60+4 for the afternoons, two days should not be that extreme.
That doesn't sound crazy to me as its basically the hottest FP right now being the new ride.

Did my FP this morning for June 21 thru 28. I saw one FP for 7DMT for Tues 23rd at 7pm, no Big Thunder at all, AK no Fop until Sat 28th post 1 pm, I snagged a MMRR for Friday at 8 pm. Friday was the only day I had the option of MMRR, SDD, MF. Rest of time zero HS tier 1. Definitely less FP choice than when I made them for end of May trip ( than time I was delayed from making FP had to call Disney for a temp fix because AP was expiring)

Multiple past trips never was not able to get FOP or 7DMT trip. Most all trips were solo. So it’s not like I’m trying for FP for 6-10 people

That doesn't sound crazy to me as its basically the hottest FP right now being the new ride.

MMRR not being available until 60+6 is not typical. I was scheduled for Easter week and had zero issues booking MMRR at 60+4 and 60+5. It is just not possible that this June, in the middle of a pandemic, currently has more people booked than Easter week which people made fp for before Covid was a major concern to the US. It is highly in question if Disney will even be open this June. There just isn't any way June bookings in this climate surpass the busiest time of a normal year.

This is so odd - I was not able to see BTMRR at all during our trip? Booked last Saturday and even for 60+9 I get the "no fastpasses available" message? Just looked again for 6/27/20 and nothing. Strange.

The only way I was able to ever see BTMRR was to make very small party sizes. I couldn't get a party of 4, even on 60+9 but I could get it by splitting my party up from 60+7 and on (I have 2 overlapping fastpass times both for parties of 2).

Well I got on promptly at 7am to get my FP's for our short stay (arriving 21, no park. Parks 22-25)

I typically prefer TP's Fastpass availability, it was great for showing times, but it is not up and running. I used the Dibb and knew MMRR was going to be out, and to focus on FOP on our last day before it was gone.

Day 1, 6/22: Epcot. Living with the Land, Frozen, Mission Space. Frozen and Mission are early afternoon. I wish I could have snagged an earlier Mission Space, but I couldn't. If I find an earlier TT I will switch to that over Frozen.

Day 2, 6/23: MK. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, SDMT. I got SDMT but it is at 7:35pm. I am not going all day in regular standby to use the third, so unless I can get a better time, I will change it on our park day. FYI, no Big Thunder FP's at all during any days of my trip.

Day 3, 6/24: HS. RNR, TSMM, SDD. SDD is so late (7pm) it is another one we may dump day of. RNR and TSMM are late morning. I am mostly disappointed in no MMRR. I had that for our spring break trip. :sad1: Of course, I checked incessantly this morning after I booked all my days (that took all of 5 minutes) and the Dibb was on point. MMRR was gone. (fwiw, I got a 2pm MMRR on 60+2 on our April trip.)

Day 4, 6/25: AK. EE, Kilimanjaro Safari, FOP. Another super late FP for FOP (7:10pm) UGH! It is frustrating.

I know several people on here will say I did good considering the short trip. The only caveat is that as an experienced short trip person, at 60+ days out I have never had to deal with all of these late FP's for top rides. We never do standby lines that have a wait over 15-20 minutes. The late FP's change our entire strategy. I am not sure how we are going to tackle this. (My guess dump the headliners and pray to get it on the 4th, 5th, 6th FP.)

IDK, this whole thing was likely for naught as I am beginning to feel the parks won't be open. But I still contend they are severely limiting FP's. I could understand an afternoon FP for MMRR or FOP, but not evening. And I have never had to go past 10am for SDMT, not even when it was new. :confused3 It is what it is. I will keep checking -- I've got time. But no doubt, selections are not as plentiful as they typically are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter