Lactose intolerance

rosiejo

<marquee><font color=orange>Wonky Chick</marquee><
Hi - I suffer with Lactose Intolerance so drink soy milk (from the fresh section not the long life stuff). At home in the UK I get Alpro - I've tried a few and this is the only one I like. Some of the other brands seem to be flavoured with grape or apple juice (yuck)

Do they stock Alpro in America? Not sure if it's a UK brand or not...?

We're staying in a villa so we'll be shopping at Publix or Walmart.

Can anyone recommend anything?

RJ

Never seen it at either place although they do have soy milk. Soy milk here is in cartons unless you go to a whole foods grocery.

Soymilk in the US tends to come plain or vanilla or chocolate flavored. So, I don't think you have to worry about grape or apple juice. I like EdenSoy and SoyDream; they are both aseptically packaged. I think Silk is a brand that you can get fresh.

I looked at the Alpro website. It looks like they only sell in Europe.

I stumbled on to some great stuff. It's called "Digestive Advantage". You take one pill a day and it does wonders! I don't remember where I got it, but I think it was Walmart. I don't think I can list the website or the 800 number on this board. But it sure has helped me.

Beiji said:
Soymilk in the US tends to come plain or vanilla or chocolate flavored. So, I don't think you have to worry about grape or apple juice. I like EdenSoy and SoyDream; they are both aseptically packaged. I think Silk is a brand that you can get fresh.

Fantastic thanks Beiji - I'll do some taste testing when we get there :goodvibes (it's very odd talking to a fellow DDA on another thread!)

rigsby25 - I've heard of the DA - but they don't sell it in the UK - I do take tablets to enable me to eat dairy but milk is out with or without the tablets! Besides I'm hooked on the soy milk now so I don't mind too much :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter