Ladies from the 60's and 70's

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
..did your mom ever give you one of those horrid Toni home perms?? I was watching my daughter scrunch her hair with product and blow it dry and get a nice wavy, perm effect without the stank of a home perm and it took me back to those nasty Toni things:rotfl: Mom used to give me one the night before every school picture throughout elementary school:scared1: I have a whole documented history of bad hair pictures of my childhood:rotfl:

..did your mom ever give you one of those horrid Toni home perms?? I was watching my daughter scrunch her hair with product and blow it dry and get a nice wavy, perm effect without the stank of a home perm and it took me back to those nasty Toni things:rotfl: Mom used to give me one the night before every school picture throughout elementary school:scared1: I have a whole documented history of bad hair pictures of my childhood:rotfl:

Lol, thankfully no. But when I was little wearing the white tights with ruffles near the butt , who thought that was cute to design?

In the late 70,s the phenom of men getting perms hit the scene :rotfl:, my mom gave me a home perm, it was horrible :scared1:, so i had to go to a place and get one, here is my high school perm days :laughing:, you could laugh not only my hair but my clothe style :rotfl:

Oh God yes. Looked worse than the neighbor's ungroomed poodle.

I had a stylist at our salon tell me JUST LAST WEEK to buy one at WalMart and use it to chemically straighten DS's (16) wavy hair before he left for camp...I didn't know such a thing still existed and no, I didn't try it.

In the late 70,s the phenom of men getting perms hit the scene :rotfl:, my mom gave me a home perm, it was horrible :scared1:, so i had to go to a place and get one, here is my high school perm days :laughing:, you could laugh not only my hair but my clothe style :rotfl:

I still think you looked hot but that jacket..not so much so:rotfl:

yes, I can still smell that awful smell even now!

me too:lmao:

Low-Key, that photo is amazing and should be hanging on the walls at Pop Century. :laughing:

I was born in the 80s, but I begged for a Toni perm when I was 11. Endured the awful smell and the pain of the rollers and it didn't even do a THING to my hair (too long, I think we needed two kits). Never tried again.

Of course, when I was a kid I had straight hair and was desperate for curly hair. Now as an adult my hair has become curly, and what do I do? Straighten it! :lmao:

That was my Christmas present one year when I was about 10. I had really long heavy hair. I hated it. It took so long to do and it stank. Stayed curly for about 2 hrs. and then went straight again. I was not impressed by my Christmas present that year.
tigercat

Never had the home perm. My mom did buy Nice and Easy for me when I was 16. I was blonde as a little girl, but my hair got darker when I was older, and she thought I should go back to blonde.

I did perm my hair in the 80's. Looked like a poodle.

I had fairly curly hair as a kid so thankfully never needed a home perm.
As I grew older it got straighter..more wavy and less curly... so I had it professionaly permed...looked good, but because my hair had had a tendency to be curly/wavy back in the day, that perm stayed in for about 1.5 years! It really "took".

Oh those wonderful memories, sitting while Mom put the curlers in, the smell, then under the home dryer for what seemed like days only to be half out for school pictures the next day! She started that in kindergarten kept it up for a few years until she finally realized it wouldn't work. Those pictures are lovely. I think by the time I was 10 it finally sunk in my hair was not going to be anything but straight.

Oh, yes! I had a permed mullet in the 80s, with enough Aquanet in it that it wouldn't have moved even if I'd been caught in a tornado. Sorry, Ozone Layer.

Nope, I have the good sense not to laugh at your clothes style. Can you imagine what people will say about THIS generation's clothes style in 30-40 years? (At least what there is of them ;))

Looking good!!!

Cantw8 said:

LOL, me too! My hair is stick straight and fine textured. I hated the smell of those perms. Oddly, I bought in to the notion that I "needed to DO something wth that hair". I finally made peace with it right in the middle the Big Hair '80s. And wonder to behold? Lots of people love straight hair. They envy it so much they spend big bucks and lots of time achieving straight hair. Who knew?!

I stopped coloring 6 yrs ago, while on a cross country trip. It was hard to keep up the roots so I said "what the hell." Done with that. My hair is a lovely silvery color, nowadays even a little wavy. People think I have it "done",LOL.

Girl down the street always had an Orphan Annie hairstyle. Until she went away to college. Her mom had been forcing the Toni home perm on her for her entire life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter