Ladies - Hats in the Parks?

1393095133_36ab5d3a89_z.jpg

Both of these hats we bought in a shop at PR. It was so hot the glue came apart and the hat band fell off mine. :laughing:

As you can see, they're both of the straw/woven variety, so airflow still gets through.

I don't wear a hat. I wish I liked wearing them. My daughter looks really cute in hats. I look like a dork in one an they make my head sweat and itch. Do what you think is best for you.

1393095133_36ab5d3a89_z.jpg

Both of these hats we bought in a shop at PR. It was so hot the glue came apart and the hat band fell off mine. :laughing:

As you can see, they're both of the straw/woven variety, so airflow still gets through.

See you guys look good in hats. I could definitely not get away with it, lol

I am typically not a hat person (unless I'm going to a baseball game lol) but I do wear one at WDW.
1) keep sun off my face
2) I don't have to worry about what my hair looks like
3) keeps the rain from dripping down my face (as was the case last week)

I simply take it off in a coaster and slip it through my wrist or put it in those little pouches they provide in the car. And of course I take it off for dinner as well.

I've seen a lot of recommendations to wear hats in the parks when it's very hot. I get it. But I'm not a hat person and I'm having a hard time imagining wearing a hat. Do you wear hats in the parks? Not Mickey ears, but a hat with a brim, to keep the sun off your face. Anyone want to post a picture? Thanks!

I wear my Monsters University cap if it's too sunny or I don't want my hair in my face for the day. Works pretty well for me.

If you aren't a hat person, skip it.

In theory hats are great but they drive me nuts and I hate being uncomfortable at the parks.

If you're looking for looking for functional hats that hopefully also don't look too ridiculous you'll want to look in golf shops. The women's hats there will be designed to wick away heat and moisture while protecting from the sun all while having some attempt at fashion sense. They will be more expensive than what you'll find at cheap department stores but definitely less than fashion places.

The men's hats there will have the same functional properties but will focus more on the sporty appearance.

I'd call around to see if they carry hats before doing too much driving though.

Smart Smart Smart. I was diagnosed with skin cancer at 33 yrs old. Brown hair, dark brown eyes and olive skin tone. Can happen to anyone. So now I always where a sun proof large brim hat and lots of sunscreen. Always better safe then sorry.

I hope you're fully recovered :)

I bought a couple of cute summer straw fedoras and I will wear those in the parks during the summer, since they are so lightweight it didn't seem to bother me even in the heat (but I don't mind wearing hats in the summer or winter). These types of hats were fine for me, but they are pretty lightweight and not meant for super sun protection.

I am not a hat person (never have been, never will be) and in all my trips, I've never worn a hat. I wear sunglasses.

I've seen a lot of recommendations to wear hats in the parks when it's very hot. I get it. But I'm not a hat person and I'm having a hard time imagining wearing a hat.

Do you wear hats in the parks? Not Mickey ears, but a hat with a brim, to keep the sun off your face. Anyone want to post a picture?

Thanks!

yes I do. a small scrunchable straw hat. picked it up for under $5 in Japan over a decade ago and still going strong.

See you guys look good in hats. I could definitely not get away with it, lol

As you can see, I am wearing a fanny pack in that photo, so fashion was thrown to the wind. That hat is to protect my pasty freckled skin from sunburn. ;)

I am not a hat person, but this trip I will have to be due to being nearly bald from chemo. I do not want to wear my wig. I barely wear it now and can't imagine wearing it in the heat. I'll be done with chemo soon so there's always a chance that I'll have some hair by the time we go, but I can't count on having very much. I'm trying to decide if I should just wait until I'm down there to find a hat.

I always wear one when I know I'll be out in the sun a lot. Convinced DW that she needed one on our last trip. We go with the woven straw type - keeps the sun off, allows air flow. I never feel too hot with it on, and our last trip was in August.
See?
544546_10201617500655788_1516871044_n.jpg

I bought a couple of cute summer straw fedoras and I will wear those in the parks during the summer, since they are so lightweight it didn't seem to bother me even in the heat (but I don't mind wearing hats in the summer or winter). These types of hats were fine for me, but they are pretty lightweight and not meant for super sun protection.

Appears to me we have some common stuff, I really love wearing hats therefore, I have got a lot of hats that too for various purposes. Some of my collection includes flexfit hat, flatbill hat, baseball hat etc. My personal fav is baseball hat which I like to wear while running as it is good in fitting and prevents from sun rays and also from sweating.

My big floppy hats give me a place to put my celebration pins, which may be why I get so much special attention. I can tuck up my hair under my hat or take my hat off and use it to fan myself. I wear sunglasses, too. I have fair skin and cataracts, and every other member of my family of origin has had skin cancer, so I'm extra careful.

Hats are made to survive in hot season. If the glue came off and the bend fell off then it was certainly not made of quality stuff. Though the hats look nice but what's the use when it was needed & fell apart. Therefore, find a store where you could get some good quality hats, I've got some good collection from a custom hat manufacturer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter