• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ladies Only...a queston about homeopathic treatment for

lizdotcom99

<font color=purple>Tags Have Been Donated<br><font
a yeast infect that works please!

My friend :rotfl2: has had the WORST infection ever. It has lasted over a week, she has used Monistat one day twice and even went to the doctor and got a perscription for diflucan yesterday. All this to no avail. I found that garlic and yogurt are a few ways to get rid of this infection......anybody have any experiance to share with my friend? She is deperate at this point.

Gross topic, I know.....but in fact a very real problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All, I can say is that if the Monistat and Diflucan are not working, it is most like "not" a yeast infection at this point.

First off, I will tell you that the Monistat One Day treatment has the highest failure rate and the highest irritation rate. That stuff never worked for me back when I was having a problem with this. The Diflucan works, but often times you may need more than one pill. Sometimes a 3-day regimen is in order but you must do so under your doctor's approval.

My feeling is, if she has done all this, she is probably dealing with irritation caused my the yeast creams. This can set off a reaction that lasts sometimes for up to 2 weeks. She will "feel" like she has a yeast infection, but she doesn't.

My doctor gave me a prescription yeast cream one time called Terazol. Lots of people use it with no problem. I used it and was dying for the next two weeks. Went back into the doctor to have it evaluation and they told me had a "chemical burn" in that area. Eventually it went away on it's own.

I'm sorry but I know of no homeopathic remedies for this. Often times a vingegar douche is recommended. It will restore the acidic environment and make it harder for yeast to thrive but that has its problem also. My doctor has had a lot of success giving women boric acid capsules (they have to be made up by your pharmacist) that are inserted.

She probably just needs to go back to the doctor and have it reevaluated just to make sure that she is steal dealing with yeast and not a skin reaction. But I feel for her--it is very uncomfortable.

Yogurt is the best cure that I have ever heard of.. Preferably the plain type.. :flower:

C.Ann said:
Yogurt is the best cure that I have ever heard of.. Preferably the plain type.. :flower:

Yep. Re-establishes the normal flora (lactobacillus). Get the plain nothing added.
Eat it and stick it up there ;)
Some people have reactions to the creams themselves. ONe day treatments are very unreliable to effectively treat yeast. Almost always need at least the three day treatment, and sometimes the 7 day treatment (and always in pregnancy the 7 day treatment is used).
Boric acid treatment is effective as well if you can find some one who will make you the capsules(I've never tried it though).

It sometimes takes Diflucan several days to be completely effective (and I alwasy suggest my patients use topical creams for the itch at the same time).

Good luck to your friend (was she on antibiotics to trigger the infection?)

My doctor has even let me use Terazol while pregnant (Monistat never works for me!). I have good results with yogurt if used early, but have always needed a prescription otherwise. Taking acidophillus orally on a regular basis seems to help me get them less.

Thanks for all the great info!!!

Cause of trigger....unknown!!!!!

So about the yogurt, how much and how often?

Since it is Sunday, the doctor is not in......and it has not yet been 24 hours since the diflucan.....just about though.

Theoretically speaking, all of the common yeast infection syptoms are there....even where the symptoms rear up in the evening...so I am thinking it is not a reaction to the monistat. In the past, monistat has worked....just not this time. Although, I could be wrong. Guess it is gonna be a yogart kind of day....another call to the doc tomorrow and more meds. Thanks again for the info. Typically not something I would post on a board for all the world to see, but I am at my wits end.

Cut out the sugar and refined carbs in diet if not doing so already.

Don't wear panties at night! Before i read this in an Ann Landers column, i thought everybody wore panties at night. Since i stopped wearing panties at night i haven't gotten another yeast infection.

I've never dealt with this, but as a breastfeeding counselor, I've helped many moms with hard-to-treat cases of yeast. I agree that yogurt and even probiotic supplements will help. She should also cut out all refined sugars and grains out of her diet, at least temporarily. Garlic is great. If she could use some expeller pressed virgin coconut oil in her cooking, that might help, too.

Yeast is very closely linked with digestive health. The flora and fauna in her digestive tract just aren't balanced correctly. If she can eat foods at close to their natural state as possible and cut out all junk for a while, the situation will probably correct itself.

If she continues to have yeast infections, she should see a doctor about why it's happening. Frequent yeast infections can be a symptom of several diseases.

I know I've seen a homeopathic treatment at WalMart by the other "yeastie beastie" boxes. At one point I even bought a box just to be on the safe side (I've only had one in my life and didn't want to use the same product again), but never used it before it expired.

I just looked it up...drugstore.com has it, called "Yeast Guard". There's another called "Yeastaway" that is also homeopathic. I'd also cut the refined sugars and add the plain yogurt with ACTIVE cultures (some aren't active).

Hope she feels better soon!

Head for the drug store right away and get some acidophilus! IT WORKS! Now any time I go on antibiotics I start taking my acidophilus right away. This is the same stuff that is found in yogurt and it so much easier to take. It really does work wonders. The one I have can be taken up to 3 times a day.

I have also had great success with acidophilus. I always keep some on hand. Also try a teaspoon of ordinary hydrogen peroxide with 1 cup of warm water. It'll help until you can get to the store for the acidophilus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter