Ladies-underwear question

I don't understand how people can have only three or four bras.

I have 3.....but small ****s too. I don't really need much "support" on a day to day basis.

I wear each a couple times, and wash at the end of the week.

I have probably 15 bras and I have lost count on underwear...I don't really count them.

Is it weird that I am looking at an ad on this page and it is for leggings and some women is holding a whole bunch with a look of remarkable joy splashed across her face because her Flashdance dreams have come true?

Where does one have custom lingerie designed and manufactured?

PM me if you want more details. There was a thread about it earlier in the year. If you have any contacts in fashion or retail, the process isn't all that hard. It takes a lot of time and money, but the end result saved me thousands. I look at it like a very expensive hobby.

I have probably 15 bras and I have lost count on underwear...I don't really count them.

Is it weird that I am looking at an ad on this page and it is for leggings and some women is holding a whole bunch with a look of remarkable joy splashed across her face because her Flashdance dreams have come true?

Is that the one with her legs spread and her hair hanging down to the floor?

Gotta luv advertising...

Is that the one with her legs spread and her hair hanging down to the floor?

Gotta luv advertising...

That's be the one. I admit I was staring at the chick with her legs spread open and her hair down thinking "Well...that's just...well."

I don't understand how people can have only three or four bras.
Or sometimes only two? I couldn't believe some women that I worked with in California that swore you could wear a bra for a week without washing it. EEK!!!! Gross, gross, gross.

I just got back from WDW. I wore 2 bras a day. I can't imagine not washing a bra until you had worn it for several days.

Now if you only had two but did laundry every day without fail I guess it could work.

This is a funny thread. It seems like we really don't have much else to do other than count our "dainties" as my ex used to call them. LOL

I"m guessing (don't know for sure since I"m sure my partner doesn't want to be woke up so I can count my underwear!) but I probably have about 20-30 pairs of undies, 15-20 pairs of socks and 5 or 6 bras. The girls aren't big but I have found that age and gravity are having quite the battle and gravity seems to be winning.

Others have posted about having all these undergarments and only wearing a chosen few. Why is that?!?! I think we all do it. Only wear a portion of them but refuse to get rid of the rest even though they just sit in a drawer. Ya never know, we might wear it someday. :rolleyes1

I need to do some "culling". My partner and I don't have much space so we share a dresser and the closet. I am limited to one drawer so it is getting pretty crowded in there.

I have about 50 pair of underwear. I don't know why. I should throw some out that are getting yucky but I never do. When I travel, I take tons with me. If I'm staying for a week, I'll bring about 20 pair.:confused3

Bras, I only own about 5 of them.

Socks, I wish I had more but cannot find ones I truly like so I'm careful about buying them and wear the same 5 pairs over and over again.

You should do like my mom. When you travel take the icky ones with you and toss them after you wear them. I would imagine housekeeping really wonders about her trash but hey, no bringign home dirty undewear! :rotfl:

Bras I dispose of on a regular basis. If the elastic is shot then out they go, because at my size sagging hurts. At any given time I usually own about 10, and of that 2-3 will be specialty ones, such as a narrow-back, a deep plunge or one that is black. (All of my 'everyday' underwear is beige.) I have more bras because I hand-wash them, and they take a while to dry.

As to undies, that depends on what size. Bras I don't have to switch for minor weight fluctuations, but panties I do; I own 3 sizes right now, with about 6 prs. of each, plus of course a few specialty items like an all in one, a corset, and 4-5 slips. (BTW, my everyday stuff is all-cotton except the covered elastic; it's almost all Jockey Elance. Thank goodness for those lovely sales at Kohl's.)

Socks (trouser socks in my case) are out of control. I buy more because I can't find pairs, only to discover that my DH is keeping an entire laundry basket of orphaned socks in the laundry room. (He tends to build up an entire basket over about 4 months, THEN he sits down for 5 hours and tries to find mates for as many as possible. After that the cycle begins again.) Casual socks I can sort easily because of the designs on the soles, but those darn black, grey, navy and khaki trouser socks are going to be the death of me.

Confession time: I have over 60 pairs of underwear.

I :love: underwear. I get most of my underwear for free from Victoria's Secret thanks to their coupons but I really can't resist good/cute underwear!

I hardly have any socks. Maybe 4 pairs. I usually wear tights or am barefoot. I have approx. 12 undies and 4 usable bras.

Once when I was helping my mother fold up clothes and put them away, I went to put my father's socks in his drawer. As I opened up the drawer she told me the socks were in, she said "No dear, that drawer is for the black socks, the next drawer is for the blue socks" . Two full drawers of socks. Actually, come to think of it, where were the white and brown socks, could that be four drawers of socks :scared1:.

Too many... 50+ bras/panty sets. I throw out sets that don't have matching ones though. Drives me nuts when they don't match.

Ummm.. I think I'm going to have to plead "hoarder" on the undies and socks..:guilty: :rolleyes1

I noticed I had a hole in my undies part way through the day. I spent the rest of the day hoping I wouldn't get into an accident so the hospital personnel didn't see the hole in my undies :lmao::lmao:

I saw the ad, I need eye bleach!!

As for unmentionables well you need a lot. There are the ones for jeans, the ones for sweats, the ones for yoga pants, the ones for TOM, the ones for when you feel fat, when you feel skinny, the ones for that really awesome pencil skirt, the ones for your hubby. ;)

Socks - the ones for sneakers, the ones for crocs, the ones for lounging (I love the fuzzy aloe ones from Kohls), summer ones, winter ones, work out ones.

Bras - fancy, lacy, matronly, lift, tuck, support, make em bigger, make em smaller, work out, disney (those don't chafe in the heat), up a size for TOM. Black, white, nude, colors, racer back, strapless, criss cross.

And then of course you have to have a set when you go the Dr, not to sexy but not to matronly.

Geesh, the list goes on and on!!!

Kimberly I wish I could find nice matching sets in my size. Most of the pretty bras are just to small. And what is with all the padding??? I went shopping a few months ago and every stinking pair had some sort of padding, uh hello I don't need any extra!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter