Laid off recently

Talk is in Jan 2023 through spring , will be hiring freeze and VERY limited hours for CM's.
Disney ( like others )is preparing for the economy to get bad.

They need a certain amount of CM to run the parks each day. You just cant cut CM and not open for the day
I cannot personally verify or prove, but a CM mentioned to me that Chapek cutting CMs is why wait times are so long are so long for literally everything. He said it is not because the parks are so crowded, but they do not have the manpower they once did and as a result, they are not as efficient as they once were.

In years past , they didn't really 'layoff' cm. The union allowed EVERYONES hours to be cut. No one got 40
hours or cm were able to take time off.

I cannot personally verify or prove, but a CM mentioned to me that Chapek cutting CMs is why wait times are so long are so long for literally everything. He said it is not because the parks are so crowded, but they do not have the manpower they once did and as a result, they are not as efficient as they once were.

Didn't most of the parks staff get laid off due to Covid? My understanding is that a large number were not available to accept their old positions by the time the parks re-opened, and it has been hard to find new CMs.

Didn't most of the parks staff get laid off due to Covid? My understanding is that a large number were not available to accept their old positions by the time the parks re-opened, and it has been hard to find new CMs.
Seems logical that people who lost jobs would need new ones when they become available. An ex-Disney employee taking a job at a local retailer would fill those roles, therefore people laid off from those local places need jobs...Disney has them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter