Lanai Cat Sanctuary

WDWRNTLK

Retirement goal - RN in the Magic Kingdom!
planning a day trip to go see the cat sanctuary!
I’ve kinda checked flights, etc but was wondering if anyone here has done that flight in particular or has experience with the flights between islands.
I guess I’m looking for info about how easy/difficult it was to book, get transportation, etc.
also if anyone went to pet the kitties, I’d love to hear about that too!!

We didn't visit Lanai but we did inter-island flights 3 times - Oahu to Maui, Maui to Kauai, Kauai to Oahu. In my experience, with the exception of Honolulu airport, the other island airports are SMALL and not so busy. The flights were extremely easy and inexpensive to book right on the Hawaiian Airlines web site. From Aulani, you could easily arrange a taxi or private car service to get to the airport. We used a car service on Maui for airport transfers and had a rental car in Oahu and Kauai.

I've made the flight between Honolulu and Lanai. I believe there are two gates at the Lanai airport, making it very easy to navigate.

There is very little tourism infrastructure on Lanai so dont rely on hailing a cab or an uber, even at the airport. Almost everyone traveling to Lanai for leisure either has family there or is staying at the Lodge or Manele Bay. You will want to rent a car and make sure you print out any and all road maps before getting to Lanai.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter