• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Land Grille cheese grits

lc1965

One of them Disney freaks!
Does anyone know how they make it? I have tried & can't replicate that amazing goop!! Thanks.

I have a recipe for Monterey Jack Cheese Grits from the Yachtsman Steakhouse, if you'd like that.

Marjie J, Please do post your cheese grits recipe! I would love to add that to my collection! Is it on your Disney recipe site? I don't know how I missed it!! I should pop over there and check out other recipes I may have missed! You do a great job over there!! Thanks!

Thanks TxTink!

That recipe isn't on my site but I will post it here as soon as I have it typed up. Check back later tonight. :)

Thanks! I will! By the way, have you made them yet? How are they? I haven't eaten at the Yachtsman Steakhouse yet, so I would like to hear how you liked them. I make Garlic Cheese Grits every Christmas (they look 'Christmasy' with the green onion) and like those, but have never had any with Montery Jack Cheese. Sounds good though!

Yes, I'd LOVE that recipe. Thanks. It must be that I'm a northerner or maybe it's just the water, but I can't seem to make decent grits. Thanks, again. I look forward to seeing the recipe.

Monterey Jack Cheese Grits

2 T. butter
1/4 C. finely chopped onion
1/4 C. finely chopped scallions
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 C. Chicken broth
1 1/2 C. water
3/4 C. quick-cooking grits
1/4 C. heavy cream
1 t. salt, or to taste
1/4 t. freshly ground pepper, or to taste
1/2 C. coarsely grated Monterey Jack Cheese

In a 3-qt saucepan, heat 1 T. of the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and scallions and cook, stirring about 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.

Add the broth and the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the grits in a slow and steady stream, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, for about 10 minutes, or until the grits are done.

Stir in the cream and season with the salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the cheese and remaining 1 T. butter.

Serve hot.

Thanks Margie J! You did it again! I will add it to my collection. It sounds real yummy too!

Oh, YUM. That sounds absolutely delicious! Do you think it would affect the recipe much if I just used all onions instead of onions & scallions? They taste so similar to me. THANK YOU!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter