• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Land & Sea or Aulani? 10 year Anniversary Celebrations!!

NYE Land & Sea or Aulani?

• Total voters

Erin Martin

Earning My Ears
I'm DIStracted at work ... no surprised there! Our 10 year anniversary is coming up on New Years Eve next year - when 2019 becomes 2020 - and I'm debating on which would be better: A WDW stay from Dec. 30 through Jan. 3 or 4 and then a 4 night cruise afterwards OR going to Aulani. We haven't seen NYE at Disney, done a cruise, or been to Aulani yet, so it would all be a new experience. Let me know what your thoughts are!

I voted Aulani. Milestone trips are the most fun and I always like to treat them to something I wouldn't consider doing all the time. For me, even in the midwest I can get to Disney pretty easily, but Hawaii - that's extra special.

I voted Aulani. Milestone trips are the most fun and I always like to treat them to something I wouldn't consider doing all the time. For me, even in the midwest I can get to Disney pretty easily, but Hawaii - that's extra special.
Good point! I'm from KS and he is from IN so going to Hawaii is definitely special. I just hesitate on it because we aren't huge drink and sit on the beach people. We are more into historical sites and tours.

I vote Aulani too. Cruise then Orlando/vice versa is pretty doable most of the time, even on limited finances. Aulani seems so exotic.
Um. Btw I'm jealous

Good point! I'm from KS and he is from IN so going to Hawaii is definitely special. I just hesitate on it because we aren't huge drink and sit on the beach people. We are more into historical sites and tours.

I voted Aulani, I was there in 2014, and there's so much to do on the island. We went to Pearl Harbor and out to the Arizona, took a helicopter ride over the island, it went all around the island, then followed the path the Japanese planes took on December 7th to get to Pearl Harbor, it was really really cool. You can also hike up Diamond Head. Lots of stuff to do besides sit on the beach, although that's fun too. When we visited Haleiwa and the North Shore one day, they were having a surf competition, which I'd never seen before. :)

The great think about Oahu is that you definitely don't have to sit by the pool all day. Lots and lots of activities especially on that island. Tons of tours like Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor. There's a great International Village for dining and drinks, and lots of tours you can do regarding the Polynesian Culture ( both at Alauni and the Island itself ). Google, top 100 things to do on Oahu - that may help with your decision. Happy Planning!

I've been to Aulani, been on 10+ cruises and visited WDW countless times and I voted for land and sea. As much as I enjoy visiting Aulani I'm not the type of person who just wants to sit around by the pool/beach. Don't get me wrong the pool and beach area are great at Aulani but prefer being active and there is a lot to do in Aulani in you plan on venturing out. At least while at WDW you can visit the parks and Disney Cruises are the best!

I'm DIStracted at work ... no surprised there! Our 10 year anniversary is coming up on New Years Eve next year - when 2019 becomes 2020 - and I'm debating on which would be better: A WDW stay from Dec. 30 through Jan. 3 or 4 and then a 4 night cruise afterwards OR going to Aulani. We haven't seen NYE at Disney, done a cruise, or been to Aulani yet, so it would all be a new experience. Let me know what your thoughts are!
It would be convenient to hop on the cruise ship at port canaveral. There is something so relaxing about a cruise to me. However, I have never been to Aulani to compare. (I’m sure it is relaxing too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter