Landscaping Question

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
Well, last summer I was ripped off royally by the landscapers. Long story that I will share another time. My fertilizer company put the first application down today and recommends a first mowing this weekend. EEK!! I have not hired anyone to mow yet for the coming season. How many of you do a spring cleanup. I mean actually hire someone, or spend a full weekend yourselves out there raking and debrising everything?

I think I need to get on the ball here...LOL!! :)

I am afraid I do it ALL myself. :rolleyes: I spread the spring cleanup over a period of about 1 month... that just kind of progresses into the first planting and setting out phase of the gardening season. Of course, my gardening activities... tend to run almost year round... (late February clean up begins... and I wrap up the garden in early November). :)

to get out in the fresh air! My husband is the lawn man, and provides the muscle for the things that are too big for me, like moving shrubs. I do the dirt, composting, mulch, manure, pruning and plants. Let me at it!

DH swears by Jerry Baker's lawn advice so we just did the "spring feed" this past weekend. Mowed and mulched too! We have a flower bed that runs across the back fence of our yard that is going to be re-designed as soon as the azeleas stop blooming. In spring the yard is an ongoing project.

This year we are going to have a small vegetable garden in the back yard! I love to play in the dirt!

I do it all myself. My DS helps with the heavy duty stuff. I do love to spend time in my gardens. I have some major work to do this year. Someone (namely me) decided to have a picnic in July for any and all DIS friends that want to come, so I'm under pressure to have a nice looking garden by the time you all get here. :D :D :D

I do it all myself... I have thought of having someone do the lawn but have yet to do it...

My late husband took wonderful care of our lawn and property. Last summer I hired some guys who took advantage of me financially and also lied about work they were doing and the price they were exacting.

I would do it myself, but I am highly allergic to grasses and trees and cannot be near mowed grass in particular. So I have no choice but to call for estimates once again. I started today, in fact, and am hoping to get someone lined up quickly. Now that we had a couple of warm days here, looks like the grass is growing already!! :)

I do it all myself and love every back-braking minute of it. :bounce:

We do a spring clean up every spring.. it can range in prices depending on whether you get a small landscaper, one or two people, to a larger company, who puts on 5 workers to do the work, but it is all done at one time without you doing the physical labor.. We think it is worthwhile, unless you enjoy doing it yourself.

We have gone through many landscapers. My DH is too busy at work to properly take care of the lawn and wiith the little ones, I don't really have the time to keep my eyes off of them while doing the lawn.

Since we haven't been happy with the companies we chose last year, we decided today that we would tackle the lawn together. With both of us we can get it done and watch the kids at the same time.

As far as flowers go, I really don't know anything about them and want to learn so I'll be lurking around here.....

DH does the majority. I am more of the idea person. I did get out and hoe/week for about 2 1/2 hrs this weekend. My legs are feeling it. I plan on getting out more this week, I have a wildflower garden I want to get started. Our front/side gardening areas don't need much work, it is the back area that is in the trees that takes the most work.

DH cuts the lawn and I do the trimming.

DH and I do it all ourselves. We've mowed a few times already. It takes a few hours by lawn tractor. I too am allergic to trees & grass. If I start feeling it I take something and keep on working. This past weekend we did the weed and feed application and more cleanup which will be done in a few weeks. It takes us longer to get it done. We have had landscapers in the past and may in the future but for now we enjoy doing it ourselves. I have a few nurseries that I use for planting the really big shrubs or trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter