Lanyards

weezy26nm

Mouseketeer
Do the KTTW cards have anything to attach your lanyard to or do you need the little plastic pouch to put them in?

Mine came with a pouch.

So if you meant do you need to bring a pouch, no. (well, unless it's changed) But you do need the one that comes on it (again, unless it's changed).

No they are the same you need the pouch , however you do not need to take it out of the pouch to open the door or when you are swiping it places.
We prefer to put ours in our pockets . I see you are on the Dream so you will have to put one of the cards in the light slot to turn your lights on in the cabin or bring any old card to do this if you don't want to keep taking it out of the pouch.

No they are the same you need the pouch , however you do not need to take it out of the pouch to open the door or when you are swiping it places.
We prefer to put ours in our pockets . I see you are on the Dream so you will have to put one of the cards in the light slot to turn your lights on in the cabin or bring any old card to do this if you don't want to keep taking it out of the pouch.

Does the lanyard still come with the pouch though? Mine last year did. That is what I meant by the same - that you get lanyard with pouch. Or is it now just lanyard and no pouch?

I couldn't tell from the OP's question if they meant do you need A pouch (meaning they didn't think the lanyard came with it) or did they need to keep the pouch on there.

To the OP regarding the card in the light switch thing... Yes, you need to have A card in there, but an old gift card, the key card from your hotel the night before, even a thicker business card will work.

Does the lanyard still come with the pouch though? Mine last year did. That is what I meant by the same - that you get lanyard with pouch. Or is it now just lanyard and no pouch?

I couldn't tell from the OP's question if they meant do you need A pouch (meaning they didn't think the lanyard came with it) or did they need to keep the pouch on there.

To the OP regarding the card in the light switch thing... Yes, you need to have A card in there, but an old gift card, the key card from your hotel the night before, even a thicker business card will work.

I think they were asking whether a lanyard they already have (with no pouch) would work. Just my feeling. There are many people who have lanyards for work or other reasons that just have a hook/clasp on them, no pouch.

Some cruiselines will punch holes in room cards for people to use those lanyards (not recommended for DCL KTTW cards, however).

I think they were asking whether a lanyard they already have (with no pouch) would work. Just my feeling. There are many people who have lanyards for work or other reasons that just have a hook/clasp on them, no pouch.

Some cruiselines will punch holes in room cards for people to use those lanyards (not recommended for DCL KTTW cards, however).

Gotcha.

What the Shmoo said. On our first cruise we didn't receive lanyards and we didn't have pouches. Concierge gave us pouches for the lanyards that we brought with us. That said, I don't use a lanyard anymore. I find them to be a hassle. I just put my KTTW card in my wallet.

On our last several cruises (actually for as long as I can remember) the lanyards came with a pouch. We have punched a hole in the corner of our KTTW and it worked fine with the other type of lanyard from home. As long as you don't punch through the magnetic strip it should be fine. In fact, I have seen guest services punch holes in KTTW cards for people.

MJ

We took our cards to guest service and they happily punched a hole in them. MUCH easier than popping the card in and out of the pouch.

The ones I have are just from the dollarstore and have no pouches. But I think I will pick some up. I thought I read that you also need to put a card in for air conditioning. I'm assuming that is a different slot than the lights?

On our last several cruises (actually for as long as I can remember) the lanyards came with a pouch. We have punched a hole in the corner of our KTTW and it worked fine with the other type of lanyard from home. As long as you don't punch through the magnetic strip it should be fine. In fact, I have seen guest services punch holes in KTTW cards for people.

MJ

I've been told they no longer punch holes as they can't confirm where the little chip is in the card now.

You don't have to take the cards out of the pouch any longer, just tap them on the door scanner to unlock.

There is a card slot that activates the lights in the room. I've been told that it does not control the air conditioning.

I've been told they no longer punch holes as they can't confirm where the little chip is in the card now.

You don't have to take the cards out of the pouch any longer, just tap them on the door scanner to unlock.

There is a card slot that activates the lights in the room. I've been told that it does not control the air conditioning.

That makes sense since they switched over to the new technology.

MJ

The ones they give you at port for Castaway members do have a pouch. Others are talking about if you bring your own and don't have one they have it punched with a hole to attach it, seems though that you can't do that anymore.

Are the lanyards (with pouches) free for cruisers? Or does anyone know where you can purchase Disney (looking) lanyards (with pouches)?

Are the lanyards (with pouches) free for cruisers? Or does anyone know where you can purchase Disney (looking) lanyards (with pouches)?

Only repeat cruisers (i.e. Castaway Club members, you become a member after your first cruise) get free lanyards (with pouches) at check in. No lanyards for first time cruisers.

If you are a DVC member you should get a free DVC lanyard with pouch in your stateroom or at the DVC desk or at the DVC Member Celebration on the first day (reports on this vary).

The shops on the ship sell Disney lanyards with pouches. If I remember correctly they were about 10$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter