Lanyards

I punched a hole in my card last March and couldn't even get through the turnstyle after going through the Mickey ears it was so embarrassing had to get a new card

I was wondering this as well since I was looking at getting lanyards before we cruise for my girls. Do they need to keep their KTTW cards on them while they are at the Oceaneer's Club?

They don't need them at all in the clubs they will get a Magic mickey band with all their information on them. Only need them when getting off at ports including Castaway Cay. Oh and you need your card and theirs the last day when you get off the ship so don't pack them away.

If you are a DVC member you should get a free DVC lanyard with pouch in your stateroom or at the DVC desk or at the DVC Member Celebration on the first day (reports on this vary).
We got our DVC lanyards in the terminal. They were being handed out as you entered the terminal. I never did see them getting handed out on the ship, but I suppose they still had them if I asked.

We got our DVC lanyards in the terminal. They were being handed out as you entered the terminal. I never did see them getting handed out on the ship, but I suppose they still had them if I asked.

Ok, then that is another method of handing them out. I never saw any DVC people in the terminal, but we usually arrive after 12 pm to avoid having to wait in long lines.

I found self laminating luggage tags that have a hole to hook your lanyard on and was wondering if it would hurt to laminate our KTTW cards? Do you actually have to swipe them anywhere of do they just scan them?

They don't need them at all in the clubs they will get a Magic mickey band with all their information on them. Only need them when getting off at ports including Castaway Cay. Oh and you need your card and theirs the last day when you get off the ship so don't pack them away.

But if you DO pack them away by accident (or think you did because you can't find it), they can make a replacement at guest services.

Yes, I know this from experience. Though when I got back to the cabin, my sister was holding up my lanyard. Oops!

I bought disney lanyards on ebay. Quite a selection and they came with pouches. I received them in three days, very fast shipping,

I found self laminating luggage tags that have a hole to hook your lanyard on and was wondering if it would hurt to laminate our KTTW cards? Do you actually have to swipe them anywhere of do they just scan them?

They swipe them at bars, stores, etc. Laminating them would not be advisable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter