• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laptop and WiFi question

Woolly

Devon is Heaven
Is there free WiFi in around the 2 parks and downtown Disney? Also, would I be able to carry a laptop in the parks in a laptop bag? Would it get past security? Hoping to be flying over from the UK and be in the parks for the first time ever for a couple of days next week.

Thanks.

Not in the parks, but there is WiFi at the GCH and the other two onsite hotels. Not sure if some places in DTD has it...but it is possible.
I don't believe you will have an issue getting the laptop through security. I've taken my iPad into the parks before without a problem.

Is there free WiFi in around the 2 parks and downtown Disney? Also, would I be able to carry a laptop in the parks in a laptop bag? Would it get past security? Hoping to be flying over from the UK and be in the parks for the first time ever for a couple of days next week.

Thanks.

They're offering free wi-fi at several of the parks in Florida, but I didn't see anything two weeks ago at DL or DCA.

As the PP said, you won't have any trouble getting a laptop through park security. They will make you open up the computer bag (and possibly unzip any interior compartments), but there is nothing prohibiting lap tops in DL or DCA. I saw someone sitting at Flo's with a full set-up (keyboard, mouse, stand, etc.).

I agree with PP that there is no WiFi in the parks. However, there is cell services so if you have smartphone you can use the apps OR some of the newer phones allow you to create a mobile hotspot that you could run your laptop off of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter