• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Large group and dining room

Brancaneve

That means Snow White in another language.
Hello! A large group of us (36 to be exact) will be traveling on the Freedom of the Seas in June. We are all linked in the system and are under an identified group name. How will seating at dinner work? I imagine we will be in the same dining room, but will we be seated at tables near one another or be spread out?

Also, will it be a problem if we want to play musical chairs? Meaning one night I sit with my parents and then another night with my inlaws, for example?

On our last cruise to Alaska we had a group of 15 on the Disney Wonder and they had spread out in three different dining room at first. They had to do a lot of shifting and moving around to accomodate us so we were all together. I just don't want this to happen again!

Are you working with a TA at all? Closer to the sailing, can the TA correspond with Royal about this? Honestly, even if you don't normally use a TA, this is where one may be helpful.

We are working directly with a RCCL representative. I will certainly reach out to him and inquire. Thanks

Since you're working directly with Royal you should all be seated at tables next to each other. You can move seats without a problem.

musical chairs is frowned upon. the wait staff gets to know the dynamics of each table the first night and switching things around can cause havoc. furthermore not all the tables will be under the same staff, which causes even MORE havoc if you switch around all willy nilly. the largest tables only seat about 10-12( depending on if there are small kids/high chairs.) they do NOT have all the 'large' tables situated together, they will all be interspersed with 2 and 4 tops. if you are on MTD it is even MORE impossible to seat the entire group at the same time, let alone near each other.

musical chairs is frowned upon. the wait staff gets to know the dynamics of each table the first night and switching things around can cause havoc. furthermore not all the tables will be under the same staff, which causes even MORE havoc if you switch around all willy nilly. the largest tables only seat about 10-12( depending on if there are small kids/high chairs.) they do NOT have all the 'large' tables situated together, they will all be interspersed with 2 and 4 tops. if you are on MTD it is even MORE impossible to seat the entire group at the same time, let alone near each other.

That's what I thought! If we switch tables we may have different wait staff and that might affect tipping and knowledge of the special requests diners may have. If we are seated at a big table we can move chairs to sit closer to others but won't move tables. I'll try to encourage that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter