Large Group transfer to hotel from airport

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
My family is flying into Sanford and wondering what the best way is to get their large group to Disney Springs area hotel? There will actually be 4 families traveling with a total of 16 people, all arriving on same plane. The oldest kid going is 5 so its a ALOT of little ones, most of them being right at 2-3ish years old. First family is 2 adults and 3 kids ( so looking at a minimum of 1 booster, 1 car seat, and one rear facing seat.) Second family is 2 adults, 3 kids (2 forward facing, seats, 1 rear facing. Third family is 2 adults, 2 kids ( I think forward facing seats) and then the last group is 2 adults. I'm completely stumped on the best way to get everyone there since they are flying into Sanford??? Is getting 3-4 Ubers with at least a few carseats reasonable? Would it be best to fly with a few of the car seats, and either rent a large car or Uber, but then there's the logistics of getting that many car seats/kids through the airport? I was leaning towards private transportation where they could already have car seats installed and ready to go. I haven't even asked about the stroller situation yet :rolleyes1 I am the Disney guru of the bunch, but we aren't going on this particular trip and we always fly into MCO. They have the option of flying into MCO, but that includes layover vs nonstop and with that many kids, non-stop seems to me to be the way to go IF we can figure out the transportation issue once they arrive. Otherwise, they could deal with the layovers and take one of bus services.

I’d see if Mears car service can provide vehicles with car seats. Also ask the parents if they plan on bringing any boosters or car seats. Our family of five used Mears car service from Sanford about a year ago and got a Mears van - it had three rows behind the driver. We brought our own boosters but I have also flown with car seats before. The driver met us at baggage and helped with our luggage. They have an app you can just download on your phone.

You're not going to find that many ubers with that many car seats, so I'd start looking at car services.

Mears or any of the car services will have car seats for an additional fee. And while everyone's personal risk assessment is different, anyone over 6 doesn't need a car seat in FL. When my oldest was 5/6 we just used a mifold booster seat.

Definitely a car service. I would not be relying on Uber with that many little kids. We used a service, which I can’t remember the name of, in December with 8 people and they sent a van that fit everyone, so you could probably fit into two. There was plenty of room for luggage, although we didn’t have a stroller. One thought would be to rent strollers from Kingdom Strollers if they’re not needed in the airport.

I would ask the parents what they’re comfortable with as far as the car seats. I usually preferred to bring my own until my kids were into a booster. But most private car services should have them available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter