Large-ish group

angyl15

Earning My Ears
Being that there are 9 of us for our upcoming trip, we had to make split reservations. Has anyone had luck with them seating you together? Not sure if covid restrictions prevent it or it is just how they have the system set up. We have a 4+5 for Chef Mickeys dinner and an 8+1 for Cinderellas royal table.

Yes, lots of threads on this, so you're not alone. Show up, ask nicely, be prepared to wait or have a backup plan if they're not able to accommodate you.

We've always had luck getting seated together in the past when travelling with large groups (pre-COVID of course). We'll be travelling in a large group this summer as well but haven't made any reservations yet since we figure we'll likely have to be separated anyway. I hope it works out for you!

So is the current policy for maximum tables of 6 at most/all restaurants?

In January, we had 9 with 2 reservations (5 and 4) and when we checked in early, they always arranged for us to be sat together at a larger table. Sometimes it took them a minute to put tables together for us, but we were accommodated every restaurant we went to together.

We too had split ADRs for our party of 9 in December. As previous posters have said, have everyone there a few minutes early and check in with the CM at the podium, not via MDE, so you can tell the CM you’re together and would like to sit together. We were seated at one large table everywhere but Sci Fi, which of course doesn’t have cars that big!

This is helpful... We're a group of 12. So, we should be making two reservations for 6 each? I was already planning on this for Sci Fi so we could get cars.

This is helpful... We're a group of 12. So, we should be making two reservations for 6 each? I was already planning on this for Sci Fi so we could get cars.
Yes, you can make ADRs for two parties of six when online ADRs open, then call an hour later to fill in any that you couldn’t book online.

We often go with a group of 11-12 people and I've found that most of the restaurants that we've had to make multiple reservations at usually don't have a larger table but will sit 2 or 3 parties that are together next to each other or as close as possible.

Yep, our trip in March had us with 3 different days of 3, 3 and 3 to make the 9 (was all we could get) and we sat together every time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter