large travel party group suggestions for easter

ain0004

DIS Veteran
We are going to be a party of 13 for Easter. I have never done travel for this many in our family. I have elected go get 3 rooms at Riveria, as Grandvillas are very costly, during this time point wise. I am also thinking getting reservation anywhere will be impossible for a party of this size. Multiple questions: How to attempt to ensure the travel party has rooms close together? Which side would you recommend stay on/requesting? by skyline? Has anyone done in room chef? Whom would you recommend? Has anyone gotten a honey bake ham meal delivered? Or would you just go pick it up?

If your first priority is to have rooms that are close together, contact DVC Member Services and have them put a "traveling with" designation on the reservations. The resort should prioritize assigning rooms that are close by one another. If you do this, I would suggest foregoing all other requests. Hotels aren't like cruise ships where everyone arrives and departs at the same time. They have to do the best to accommodate you based upon rooms which are being vacated on your arrival day.

We have traveled with friends and been assigned to rooms right next to each other. Another time we were one floor away.

Generally speaking, all of the Standard View rooms at Riviera overlook the parking lot and face toward the rear of Epcot. Preferred views face toward the pool / lake and Caribbean Beach resort. There really aren't many "bad" views, if any. The biggest complaint I hear is people who have preferred view and are disappointed that they are looking at the lake rather than 20 minutes of fireworks.

For dining reservations, your best move is probably to make 2-3 separate reservations and ask to be seated close. Stick to less traveled locations and you'll have greater success. Sebastian's Bistro at Caribbean Beach is a 5 minute walk from Riviera and I keep hearing good things about it. The dining board can probably offer more advice on this topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter