Las Vegas Shooting

When most people talk about gun control they do not mean they want all guns banned. They want more restrictions. They don't want people to be able to stockpile guns and bullets and think that certain weapons shouldn't be available to the average person.

The federal government had no problem restricting Americans decongestant purchases but says it's not fair to limit people's gun purchases.

I was responding to a specific question/statement in the post I quoted that asked why do we allow tools that can hurt/kill people.

Killing 59 people and wounding over 500 also doesn't make sense. ISIS did take responsibility and even if it is a dead end, shouldn't it be investigated? I have heard Antifa being thrown in by News stations, there are all sorts of people and ages in Antifa. Shouldn't that be investigated? I think you can be radicalized in any age.

Gee wonder what "news" places you are hearing that.
I don't think anyone is saying all leads shouldn't be investigated.
The wild speculation that's going on is a big problem for our society in general. Too many people hear or read some random thing and pick up on it, it spreads and everything becomes muddied. People become convinced that what they want to believe is true or what they feel is going to be true it's actually true and they cling to all the speculative blurbs being thrown about as proof even when there's no real evidence of it.

Killing 59 people and wounding over 500 also doesn't make sense. ISIS did take responsibility and even if it is a dead end, shouldn't it be investigated? I have heard Antifa being thrown in by News stations, there are all sorts of people and ages in Antifa. Shouldn't that be investigated? I think you can be radicalized in any age.
If we're talking about crazy conspiracy theories, there is also the Citizens for Constitutional Freedom (C4CF)/People for Constitutional Freedom (P4CF). I noted in an earlier post that the Bundy Ranch is very close to where the killer lived. If we're going to follow every crazy Alex Jones conspiracy, shouldn't they be investigated too?

ETA: Just to be clear, I don't think DASH, the Antifa or the C4CF/P4CF are invoved.

Didn't the sheriff ask "has he been radicalized". I know it was a general question but people are going to start theorizing on who he may have been radicalized by. There is an endless list of possibilities.

MTE

Just imagine if another country threatened to do that to a US citizen. I don't think it would go over well.

Really? I don't recall seeing anyone complain when the Israelis snatched Adolf Eichmann in Argentina back in 1960 and shipped him back to Jerusalem to stand trial.

And FYI, in 1992 the Supreme Court ruled that the United States can kidnap a criminal suspect from a foreign country, over that country's objection and without following the procedures set out in an extradition treaty, to put the suspect on trial in a Federal court.

That 6-to-3 decision reinstated a Federal case against a Mexican gynecologist who had been kidnapped and brought to the U.S. accused of taking part in the torture and murder of an American narcotics agent outside Guadalajara in 1985.

Really? I don't recall seeing anyone complain when the Israelis snatched Adolf Eichmann in Argentina back in 1960 and shipped him back to Jerusalem to stand trial.

And FYI, in 1992 the Supreme Court ruled that the United States can kidnap a criminal suspect from a foreign country, over that country's objection and without following the procedures set out in an extradition treaty, to put the suspect on trial in a Federal court.

That 6-to-3 decision reinstated a Federal case against a Mexican gynecologist who had been kidnapped and brought to the U.S. accused of taking part in the torture and murder of an American narcotics agent outside Guadalajara in 1985.
Once again, she is not a criminal suspect. You repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true.

Right now they just want to talk to her about her boyfriend. She's not under arrest or a criminal suspect. Those cases are not similar at all.

I'm not sure how Adolf Eichman fits in at all, since my quote was about the US.

There was a lot of confusion in the beginning and people thought there was gunfire coming from more than one location. That was found out not to be true. Of course now conspiracy theorists are posting it all over the internet.

Did you watch the entire video?

Has anyone read about shots being fired at other hotels down the strip? This woman has video of people being locked down in the Bellagio due to fire through the lobby.

There was a lot of confusion and I imagine the gunfire could be heard from many of the hotels. Add the hotels going into lockdown and it’s easy to think it’s happening where you are.

So, disagreeing with you is "hushing the idea"? That's a new one.

Oh I don't know, this certainly sounds like someone telling me to keep my thoughts to myself -

"Yes, you are being too much of a skeptic and looking into things too much.
Instead of letting your mind run and looking for theories and whatever based on nothing, you really need to just let the investigators do their job and go with the information they provide."

Clearly my theories were not based "on nothing" since later that day LE stated the GF was a person of interest after all.

Oh I don't know, this certainly sounds like someone telling me to keep my thoughts to myself -

"Yes, you are being too much of a skeptic and looking into things too much.
Instead of letting your mind run and looking for theories and whatever based on nothing, you really need to just let the investigators do their job and go with the information they provide."

Clearly my theories were not based "on nothing" since later that day LE stated the GF was a person of interest after all.

You posted "maybe I'm being too much of a skeptic and looking into things too much"
I just agreed with you.

Apparently she has been married to two people at one time and has used 2 different SS# in the past, and used 2 different dates of birth.
It doesn't make her an accessory to this, but it doesn't paint her in the greatest light either.

Yes, with each new detail that comes out about the "high limit hostess," the more I see a label of "sleazy" forming.

You posted "maybe I'm being too much of a skeptic and looking into things too much"
I just agreed with you.

Yeah and proceeded to tell me that I really need to just let investigators do their job. So should I not be allowed to post my thoughts??

So you actually believe a random video being pushed by a conspiracy theory site should actually be taken into consideration? I do hope you realize conspiracy theorist are notorious for editing and doctoring videos to trick people into believing their nonsense.

MTE

I can't even think of a reason that authorities would hide this and try to blame it on one person.

The Bellagio is too far away to be shooting at the concert. So who were they shooting at and where are these victims?

Gee wonder what "news" places you are hearing that.
I don't think anyone is saying all leads shouldn't be investigated.
The wild speculation that's going on is a big problem for our society in general. Too many people hear or read some random thing and pick up on it, it spreads and everything becomes muddied. People become convinced that what they want to believe is true or what they feel is going to be true it's actually true and they cling to all the speculative blurbs being thrown about as proof even when there's no real evidence of it.

Gee, I wonder why you don't question the "news" places you do hear from. CNN doesn't report anything that disagrees with their narrative, MSNBC does the same. Fox News might do that on occasion. CNN has been proven to use Crisis actors to deliver their narrative and you accuse me of being naïf. No, I am not tied to any one theory, nor am I convinced by any random speculation. I think from my other posts in this thread you can figure out what I am against.

So you actually believe a random video being pushed by a conspiracy theory site should actually be taken into consideration? I do hope you realize conspiracy theorist are notorious for editing and doctoring videos to trick people into believing their nonsense.
It's amazing what people come up with. Plenty of Youtube videos on the "coverup" and "hoax" around this event. Supposedly there was a shooter on the 4th floor and there's video to prove it! My question... why don't we see windows busted out on the 4th floor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter