Lasagna noodles question . . .

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Has anyone ever tried making lasagna without first cooking the noodles? I've heard of people doing this - because the hot noodles are so hard to handle. I haven't made lasagna in years because of that. I just make baked ziti - but it really isn't the same. I'm hungry for lasagna & am looking for the no-cook noodle version of the recipe.

Anyone???

hi i just posted to you on the crockpot thread......the lasagna recipe i use is on the back of the box from muellers....it tells you to use uncooked noodles. i think it just makes the time in the oven longer. i have made it both ways. prefer the uncooked personally.

I do a variation of the recipe on the back of the Creamettes box and it works like a charm! I think the only modification is adding 1/2 c. water to the sauce.

I use the 'oven ready' noodles. they are wonderful..no cooking before hand and they cook wonderfully in the oven. I don not even need to add extra sauce!

Thanks, everyone! I can't believe it's on the box! As I said, I stopped making it so I haven't even picked up a box at the store for years!

Oven-ready noodles? Never heard of them. In what section of the grocery store do you find them?

I think we'll have this tomorrow - after a quick trip to the store. Tonight we're having left-over eye roast & carrots from the crockpot and FuFu! Yum!

Thanks again!

The oven ready are in the same area as the rest of the pasta.

That is all I use, and have been doing it since the first time I saw them years ago.

Up until the last year or so, I could only find one or two brands. Now however at least 2 or three of the well known brands have oven ready.

You pay a bit more, but that's fine by me. Saves a lot of time and mess.

use the noodles uncooked! It helps sop up some of the excess moisture. Emeril's Lasagne recipe comes to mind . . .YUM!

If you use uncooked, make sure to cover the pan with foil during cooking..your noodles will steam and lasagna not be so dry since the noodles will absorb the moisture.

I have made my lasagna like this for years. My family and friends just love it. I also suggest that it is covered really well, also be sure that all of the noodles have sauce on them. Good Luck and enjoy.

I also use a recipe that calls for uncooked noodles. When I add sauce to the meat, it says to put in 1 1/2 c of warm water...that helps to steep the noodles while the lasagna is in the oven...also covered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter