Last Day in LA: WB, Griffith, and Grove?

tigertides

Mouseketeer
Planning a July trip, and figuring out how much to fit in our last full day. Will be checking out of Grand Californian early. 9-10am.

Planning to do
  • Drive to Burbank
  • Eat lunch (fast casual)
  • WB Studio Tour (2-3 hour)

• Try to park and "see" Griffith Observatory. Just for the view. No more than an hour. I saw parking is tough mid day. Should we try to do this BEFORE WB Tour?

• Finish at The Grove/Farmer's Market for strolling, people watching, dinner
(thanks DLgal!)

• Drive and sleep at LAX Hotel, return rental car the night before our AM flight
(thanks DLgal!)

Is this too much to fit in considering the 1.5hr drive to Burbank? Should we nix Griffith? We DEFINITELY are doing WB studio tour.

If you've never done the WB Tour and love Warner Brothers movies or TV shows, I highly recommend it. I believe they start as early as 9am. There's a Classics Tour that begins at 1pm. The normal tour I believe starts every half hour. It's pretty convenient if you want to go up to Griffith Observatory before or after. It's not too far away and you won't be in traffic that long before you're able to head up. You can approach it from either the 5 or 101.

Your itinerary doesn't look too difficult to me but I'm a classic underestimator. Since you're staying the night near LAX, I think you're in good shape to try to do as much as possible. If you want to see the Griffith Observatory, I would as it's great. There's also parking at the Greek Theater as long as there's not an event there. It's a hike but that's an option if you need it.

1.5 hour drive from Disneyland to Burbank in the morning is realistic. You can park on the side of the road on your way up to the Griffith Observatory. We were there on Thursday and all meters stationed on the side of the road were down so the parking was free, not the $10 as shown on the sign.

J
1.5 hour drive from Disneyland to Burbank in the morning is realistic. You can park on the side of the road on your way up to the Griffith Observatory. We were there on Thursday and all meters stationed on the side of the road were down so the parking was free, not the $10 as shown on the sign.
Just came back from our wonderful trip.

The trip on Monday from Anaheim (9:15am) to Griffith/WB was a long haul. 1hr 20min

From there, WB was easy. Whole Foods around the corner made lunch easy. The tour was great. Plus, we drove past the Chinese theatre to look around. Would NEVER visit Hollywood. What a tourist trap. Like Vegas+TImes square on steroids

Thanks for all the help here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter