Last Day of Flower and Garden - crowds?

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
As mentioned in a few other threads, Flower and Garden is going to end early - on Monday, May 27th. This also happens to be Memorial Day.
This the day I had planned to do Epcot with my teen son. Looking for thoughts.

My main question: Is the last day of the festival super busy? Do you think this last day is going to be even worse because the festival is ending much earlier than anticipated?
I am sure Memorial Day in itself will be busy; I was expecting that. (For background, we have been to Epcot once in 2022 and again in 2023. And, on this trip, we will visit again on Thursday or Friday that week with a newbie - my husband).

1 - I don't really want to shift my days around, which I know would be the easiest answer. I'm sure we all understand the other plans that go into 6 days at Disney, and considering After Hours, other family joining, etc. So, Monday May 27th is my Epcot Day.
2 - we will enter via Skyliner near World Showcase.
3 - I will happily purchase G+ and ILL for Guardians.
4 - It would be neat to see some topiaries, and maybe butterflies. I'd like to grab one or two drinks/snacks at booths. But in general, if I can't get anywhere near the booths, it is completely fine with me.

Last, I had planned to go early, do a few things, maybe enjoy lunch there, and head back to resort for early afternoon cool down and break. Return later in the evening.

Given those things, is that day going to be a disaster for the two of us, with a heavier focus on rides and shopping/eating/sightseeing in the normal World Showcase area?

Thanks for ideas!

any holiday is an extra crowded day at the parks, plus, Orange County schools are already done for the year this year by then, so locals may be out in numbers. The end of the festival is sometimes a reason for more crowds, but not as much as a Saturday.

Thanks, I guess this is what I am expecting. I already have the park tickets and plans. And, I believe no matter where we end up on Memorial Day will be a busy time. So, we'll just pack our Patient Pants and do what we can, and we won't stress if we miss some things. I'm also considering other events that we could take advantage that afternoon / evening that would be fun, like an Enchanting Extra, Splittsville, or something like that.

I am wondering if I should switch up my MK (planned for Tuesday after Memorial Day) with Epcot (planned for Memorial Day)? Or, is the difference negligible? I mean, they'll both be packed. If so, I'm inclined to leave things alone and we will work around our crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter