Last day/travel day

cinnaminny

DIS Veteran
We are trying to decide how we want to spend our last few hours in WDW before we say goodbye :sad:

We are staying at the CR.

Our plane takes off at 5:15, so we will be picked up about 2PM.

We could just hang out at the pool all morning and hope for a late checkout.

We could purchase 10 days of tickets instead of 9 (for an additional 30 bucks) and hang out at MK until 1PM. (is that enough to make it worth it?? Its predicted to be a 5 out of 10 for crowds that day)

Or we could do a character breakfast and maybe hit the pool for a few hours.

What do other people do with this last day when they have a pretty significant chunk of time? I'm all over the place, and I feel like I am over planning lol

Last edited:

I think it all depends on how many prior days you’re doing MK. If out of the 10, you’ll have gone to MK only once, you might not want to do so unless there are rides you all really want to do one more time. Or if your schedule is going to be crazy, maybe have an “off” day, go check out the Xmas decorations at Poly or GF (assuming you’re going in the next 2 months) and have a relaxing character meal.

We’re leaving the resort at 6pm so chose to spend the $30 and get an extra day at MK. And we’re leaving MK @3pm to do an early dinner at ‘Ohana before getting in our car. But this would be our 2nd day at MK so well worth it for us!

Either way, I bet you’ll have a great time!

We normally leave at 7pm on our last day, and always head to MK at rope drop. We get all packed up the night before, and drop our bags off at luggage service before heading out. We plan a wonderful table service lunch (might have to be a little earlier for you guys) to get good food in our stomachs before me fly (all kind of bad fliers :scared:) and to chat about the trip. We totally relax! Our last ride is usually Pirates, then we head back to our resort.

As you say, that extra day for your park tickets really isn't that much.

I drive, so I can leave when I want, but on my departure day I am going to MK. Splash Mountain reopens that day, so I am going to MK specifically to ride Splash Mountain four or five times. I will have done everything else in MK that I want to do at least once, some things as many as four times, prior to that.

We usually get the last flight out if we can and spend it at the resort closest to our resort. We typically stay at BWV, so our last day is spent either at HS or Epcot. This year our flight is at 8, so we can get most of a day at Epcot. My advice is pick the park that you don’t have to be too reliant on transportation.

MK all the way. We do this every time we aren't leaving before the park opens. We always stay at The Contemporary, so it's just a quick walk over.

This is easy - MK. Have everything together the night before. Hit RD at MK. Maybe eat lunch at the Wave at 12:45. Or - just plan to eat at the airport and have more time at MK.

The pool on the last day is out for me - I don't like dealing with wet suit suits and having to get dried/dressed and everything put away for airplane transport on the last day. That's a pain.

We
We are trying to decide how we want to spend our last few hours in WDW before we say goodbye :sad:

We are staying at the CR.

Our plane takes off at 5:15, so we will be picked up about 2PM.

We could just hang out at the pool all morning and hope for a late checkout.

We could purchase 10 days of tickets instead of 9 (for an additional 30 bucks) and hang out at MK until 1PM. (is that enough to make it worth it?? Its predicted to be a 5 out of 10 for crowds that day)

Or we could do a character breakfast and maybe hit the pool for a few hours.

What do other people do with this last day when they have a pretty significant chunk of time? I'm all over the place, and I feel like I am over planning lol

What did you decide to do? We are also trying to figure out what to do the last day. Our flight leaves at 8:30pm and I don't want to do a park. Thinking of sleeping in, going to the pool, and then to DS for an early dinner.

What did you decide to do? We are also trying to figure out what to do the last day. Our flight leaves at 8:30pm and I don't want to do a park. Thinking of sleeping in, going to the pool, and then to DS for an early dinner.

Just FYI, OP has not been on DIS since 12/18/17. May get better results if you post your question/details in a new thread. :-)

I guess I'm the odd one, we don't go to a park. We don't buy any souvenirs in the parks we save our shopping until the last day then we splurge at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter