• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute Anniversary Trip!!!!

soccermomof3

Mouseketeer
We are planning to be at WDW in less than 4 weeks. NO KIDS!!!! We usually stay at Fort Wilderness. We have a code and are thinking of booking at pop century or all stars.
Can I get some pros and cons of both?

Thanks!!!!

POP
1.Hourglass lake. Love to walk around it reading the short blurbs of the decade. This is even better now that you can walk over to AoA.

2.The shadow boxes in the lobby are cool.

3.You can get a standard room that is close to the buses.

4.The buses run frequently.

Cons
1.The buses are ALWAYS packed plan on standing and think of getting a seat as a bonus.

All Stars I have only stayed at Movies.
1.Much quieter than POP. CMs seem friendlier.

2.Better chance of getting a seat on the bus.

3.You can walk to the other All Stars

4.Food court is less crowded.

Cons
1.Less choices in FC.

2.During quiet times the All Stars share buses meaning multiple stops.

Last year DH and I stayed at Movies for our adult weekend. I had stayed there before he had not. I did not realize that the majority of rooms at Movies are preferred. DH spent the trip wishing he was at POP to be closer to the food court.

POP
1.Hourglass lake. Love to walk around it reading the short blurbs of the decade. This is even better now that you can walk over to AoA.

2.The shadow boxes in the lobby are cool.

3.You can get a standard room that is close to the buses.

4.The buses run frequently.

Cons
1.The buses are ALWAYS packed plan on standing and think of getting a seat as a bonus.

All Stars I have only stayed at Movies.
1.Much quieter than POP. CMs seem friendlier.

2.Better chance of getting a seat on the bus.

3.You can walk to the other All Stars

4.Food court is less crowded.

Cons
1.Less choices in FC.

2.During quiet times the All Stars share buses meaning multiple stops.

Last year DH and I stayed at Movies for our adult weekend. I had stayed there before he had not. I did not realize that the majority of rooms at Movies are preferred. DH spent the trip wishing he was at POP to be closer to the food court.

I pretty much agree. The only difference is I have had great service at POP.

Myself, I like having the lake so I would pick POP if available.

My husband and I love Pop Century! We actually prefer it to a couple mods and deluxes.

Pros:
1. The bus system is one of the best if not the best on property.
2.hourglass lake is beautiful and there's a bridge across it (generation gap bridge) that connects Pop and Art of Animation. It's a romantic and fairly quick walk. I love walking around AoA and stopping by their foodcourt.
3. Hippie Dippy Pool is large, beautiful, and has these gorgeous tall palm trees surrounding it.
4. You can see fireworks on the lakeside from Illuminations.
5. You can request a Lakeview standard room for no additional cost.

There aren't really a whole lot of cons.....noise has never been an issue for us, not even when we had a pool view. My favorite rooms are 50's section building 1 and 2 top floor. They are fairly close to buses and foodcourt. Build 2 has lakeview.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter