Last Minute Availability?

IrishTink

DIS Veteran
Does the Resort Availability Tool show last minute availability (like next day), or do you need to call Member Services?

From the online booking page:
Accommodation inventory is the same whether you book online or through Member Services, except within 10 days of arrival. For close-in bookings, if you do not receive your desired selection, you may contact Member Services.

There is a link to show what is available in the next 60 days. Not sure how often that is updated.

I check RAT and call. I have no proof but I firmly believe that they can pull inventory from CRO for really late bookings. (Of course my idea of last minute is as late as the day of....)

I check RAT and call. I have no proof but I firmly believe that they can pull inventory from CRO for really late bookings. (Of course my idea of last minute is as late as the day of....)
There's an old airline adage that states, "a plane on the ground makes no money." I also have no evidence, but this is why I agree with you. However I don't believe they will make it available for multiple days unless they are sure they can't get last minute bookings.

"An empty room makes no money." If they can fill CRO Inventory with a DVC member today, they will have an extra available room another day when they can get cash for it.

I have no proof but I firmly believe that they can pull inventory from CRO for really late bookings.
If the room was made available to CRO because it was unreserved, it can be pulled back with CRO approval.
If the room was made available to CRO because a member used points outside of the DVC system (excludes RCI exchanges), it can't be pulled back.

Yes, they can. It happened several years ago back in 2005 and were had hoped to book BCV, but nothing was available for our dates. So we booked SSR. We were supposed to be there four nights and then head home and spend a week at the beach. But a tropical storm (Arlene) came up and headed right for the place we had reservations at the beach. We cancelled that stay (because of the storm) and went to the front desk the next morning to see if anything was available. Otherwise, we were headed home. We were hoping at least SSR or OKW, but when we asked about BCV, the front desk got on the phone to check. They were on the phone for a while and told us they had several options available. We got a one bedroom at BCV for about a week. So either someone cancelled at the last minute or they pulled back inventory from Disney Reservation Center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter