last minute completely spontaneous vwl family trip--fourth trip's a charm!

quandrea

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney again!!!!!! Fourth visit this year. I figured since this is a last minute trip, I'd do a PTR.

We are coming to the end of a major home renovation. Dh has been crazy busy at work for months now. So he said he needed a break. Deep down I knew he wouldn't get a break at home. It doesn't happen. He works from home and getting space from it doesn't happen. So yesterday I did a little availability search over at dvc member services. To my amazement, there was availability at Wilderness Lodge. Dvcers will know how shocking this is. Vwl is a small resort and in high demand. Finding something for my days, one month out is unheard of. So we are booked. Air is booked. It too was crazy cheap. It all seems meant to be.

This is our fourth trip of the year. We spent two weeks in January, five nights in April, five nights in June and two weeks coming in October. We are very lucky.

So we leave June 23 for five nights in a one bedroom at villas at Wilderness Lodge. I've never stayed there and am really excited to see what it's like and to experience the new Reno.

Who are we? I'm Andrea, the original Disney addict in the family. My first trip was back in 1981 and I've been going ever since. I'm into the fifties with my trip count. My husband went for the first time with me in 2007. Dd, E was our only child then. We bought into dvc in 2008 and love it. In 2009, twins, B and E came along. Their first trip was at three months. In their brief five years they have logged more trips than I can count.

We own at Animal Kingdom Lodge and have a small SSR contract. Animal Kingdom Lodge is where we usually stay--big one bedrooms that fit five of us. We have APs. Usually dine out once a day and do a lot of cooking in the villa. Disney is great for our daughter with allergies and it's an affordable way for us to travel.

Yesterday I booked air, hotel and fast passes and car rental. We will spend our arrival day at Magic kingdom for a bit, next day mk again, flowed by Epcot, Hollywood studios and Animal Kingdom. Those are all on recommended park days.

June is a first for us. I figure we will take it easy as none of us love the heat.

Let me know how to cope with the heat. What does summer frozen fun have in store for us. Any suggestions for wilderness lodge?

Once I get dining pinned down I will update. Have to grocery shop too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter