Last Minute Crisis advice needed!

candleonwater

The Tag Fairy has been around forever
Okay, my daughter and I leave on Wednesday - flying Delta... we were supposed to fly out of DC at 7:30 am... only I got a call today notifying me that the flight (it was a full flight) has been cancelled... and instead they have us on a flight leaving at 11 something and doesn't arrive at MCO until 3 pm.... so this means spending the bulk of Christmas Days at airports or in airplanes. One option is to leave late Christmas Eve... delta has offered to switch my day of departure... I don't suppose they are required to offer any compensation for cancelled flights?

Another option would be to drive - it would be a 15 hour drive... and we couldn't leave until mid-day... I desperately need suggestions!

If you can, go Christmas Eve and enjoy the full experience of Christmas Day as you first full day of your vacation. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!!

I called Delta again... and now I'm on a non direct flight that gets into MCO at 6:02 pm the 25th... so since I've been given a refund as an option... we're leaving here sometime mid day the 24th and staying at a hotel somewhere just inside FL... to break up the day... I can't imagine driving 15 hours with a 6 year old, without a MAJOR break!

Given those options, I would drive too. Leave as early as you can on the 24th, and keep an eye on the weather. I know the NY metro area might get snow, and I'm not sure what direction it is coming from.

Stopping just inside of Florida is a good choice. From there you will have about another 3 3 1/2 hours drive. Good luck, and have a safe journey and an enjoyable vacation! :):D:)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Something similar happened to us about 7 years ago when we were traveling on Thanksgiving day. The airline changed our flight from a decent one-stop to one that left in the AM, had about a 6 hour layover, arriving in Orlando in the evening! When we pointed out we did not want to spend our Thanksgiving in an airport, besides the refund option, the airline was able to book us on another airline's flight.

Sharon

This serves as a good reminder that when flying on a Holiday, there is a BIG chance that your flight may be cancelled. Usually the airlines will not make those decisions until closer to the Holiday, though some will set their schedules a month in advance. Holiday cancellations happen a lot, that's why it's best to travel before the Holiday.

I'm happy that Delta refunded your money and you were able to make alternate travel plans.

The fun part of this, is it has already changed again! Instead of wasting all that time in the car, we're leaving tomorrow evening, unfortunately still making a connecting flight in Atlanta, but arriving at MCO at 10 pm... we just added another night onto our PO FQ ressies. But at least we're going to be at WDW, right? We were going to stay at a hotel closer to the airport that first night, but when Disney was able to add an extra night for as low as they did... I couldn't refuse... this way my daughter gets to wake up to a christmas tree in the room, and hopefully santa knows how to get in there without a chimney!

Glad to hear it all worked out and you are flying down. It's wonderful you got the extra night at POFQ and your daughter will spend Christmas morning at WDW.

Merry Christmas!

sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter