last minute tips please leaving in 7 days

Dval00

Earning My Ears
any last minute tips on what not to forget to pack or how to get through the MCO airport...renting a car and wondering how much time it will take from getting my luggage to getting to the rental car counter...starting to get nervous...never driven in florida before...how do the toll booths work...what type of change do i need....

Help Please!! Thank you in advance....

(We just returned from WDW on 12/2)
MCO airport arrival ususally proceedes pretty fast. Once you land you take a monorail train to the other half of the terminal where baggage claim is (about a 3 minute ride). Go downstairs to baggage claim and wait for your stuff then proceed one more level down to the car rental counters. Things have always gone really fast for us unless there would be some sort of delay with the airline unloading baggage. We've pretty much gotten to the car rentals within half an hour of landing or less. If your car rental agency isn't "on site" then you may have to take a shuttle to it (there are signs directing you to which agencies are on site or not.

If you are staying on WDW property you can take the new express route from the airport to WDW and bypass the Beeline Expressway. There are still tolls, but it cuts off some time. I can't remember the total toll charges on the route, but bring a bag of change with you. (If you forget there are also booths that make change for you if you have dollar bills). The rental agency should give you a map and let you know which exit to take from the airport.

It is a good 1/2 hour to WDW property from the airport when driving.

The weather has been really good down there (the best we have ever had the week we were there (11/27-12/2). Warm during the day (80's) and cooler at night (50-60's). Packed shorts & tees for daytime and denim jackets to throw on in the evening. I haven't heard local weather for upcoming weeks so you might want to bring a sweatshirt or two in case the temp dips a bit more. We brought umbrella's but never used them. Just make sure to bring your good walking shoes for sure! Keep your packing simple - it helps in the enjoyment to not be worrying about all the "stuff" you brought and make sure to leave a little extra room in your suitcases on the way down to bring your purchases home in (if you don't have room, you can always ship stuff home - we developed that art on this trip). Note, if you ship stuff home from the stores at the parks or DD, make sure they don't charge you sales tax on that order - sometimes they forget that part and then you end up paying more than you should.

Hope these few tidbits help your planning!!! °o°

:D

Disnee Dad Says.................................... Relax, bring a tube of quarters, and enjoy the trip! On our most recent trip we used National, only took ten minutes to check in and get the car, but took twenty minutes to get past the check out gate. Get good directions before you leave, I made a wrong turn, but was very happy to know where I was, as I knew where the road was headed. Told the wife we are on the wrong road(panic starts to set in!). Told her we just go down to 535 and turn right! Know the map and you will be fine!

thanks again for all the tips on the airport will need them that is for sure...my kids are older so i can put a little more responisbility on them on helping getting the luggage...thanks again!!

The airport is pretty easy -- getting a rental car from one of the companies that is on-site makes it faster (Avis, Budget, National, plus a few others are on site; Hertz believe it or not is off-site).

The signs are pretty easy to follow -- the signs for Disney will take you on the "new" expressway -- but I actually like to cut over to Interstate 4 and take that South. I think it is at least as fast -- and THE TOLLS ARE LESS !!!! Well, it is only about $1 different, but I think it is a total rip-off that the other road is more expensive.

HAVE FUN -- DON'T STRESS OUT ! :smooth:

Thanks so much...now i only have three more work days and we are gone...i am hoping that they have signs posted as well as it is here where i live...if so i will have nothing to worry about...pretty good at finding things when i have too...

thanks again!!

Use the South Exit and take the Central Florida Greeneway (417). It's toll, and I believe it's $2.25 to get to WDW: Two $1.00 booths and one $0.25 booth. This road has MUCH less traffic than 528/I-4 and is a total pleasure to drive; gets your trip off to a good start! Also good signage for exits. If you're going to a Magic Kingdom resort (GF, Poly, CR or WL), follow the signs to Magic Kingdom.

Thank you for all the help on finding the Disney property. I will be leaving now in less than 18 hours. We can't wait to get on our way. This is our first trip and what a time to go. It will be lit up with all the Christmas decorations. Happy Holidays to all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter