• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute trip - Fantasmic & World of Color dining pkgs question

kjlj

Earning My Ears
A little superfluous background - long time disboards lurker and podcast listener, first time poster! I'm an Australian who currently finds themselves living in California. I've been to WDW a few times in recent years but I have been in CA for almost a year now and still haven't made it to Disneyland. On somewhat of a whim I've decided to fix this and have booked a trip for next weekend (7th - 9th August)!!

I'm used to having many months of planning leading up to a WDW trip so I'm somewhat overwhelmed as to where to start sorting things for a visit to DLR only a week away. Part of me is tempted to make no plans and just see what happens, but the planner in me thinks I should at least lock in a couple of things mostly getting to see Fantasmic and World of Colour.

So, this brings me to my question -- I'm arriving in around 3pm on Friday, if I wanted to try and do F! on Friday evening should I book one of the dining packages to get the FP? Similar question for World of Colour on Saturday night, though I think I can get a FP for this during the day on Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

You should have two showings of Fantasmic on Friday, and I would assume Fastpasses would still be available for the later show when you arrive in the afternoon. Of course, if you want the premium view and included seat cushion, you should book the Blue Bayou dinner package, but hurry because it looks like they're on their last slot for reservations at 9:30 for the 7th. But a late dinner might be nice, if you do a late lunch when you arrive. The Red Wagon Corndog cart on the way in on the right side of the hub is a pretty awesome lunch!

For WOC, I would recommend grabbing a Fastpass from the machines near Grizzly River Run in the morning.

Have fun!!

We did the WOC Dining Package at Ariel's Grotto mid May of this year. Our reserved viewing section was front and center, right at the water. It was totally worth it, and we'll be doing it again during our next trip at Halloween.

We also did the F! Dining Package at Blue Bayou. Once again, totally worth it. Best seats in the house. And they gave us souvenir cushions to sit on, which are exclusive to the Blue Bayou F! Dining Package.

Thanks so much for the advice ADLFAN and for the feedback on the experiences Sith!

I might try and check if that 9:30 for Blue Bayou is still available as a late dinner over looking Pirates sounds pretty awesome, if not, will grab a FP to the later showing as my first stop when getting into the park. I'm now also pretty curious to check out the Red Wagon Corndog stand, the food options flying out of SFO aren't great so a late lunch is certainly on the cards.

Once again, thanks for your help!

Red Wagon has great corn dogs! There is also Corn Dog Castle in DCA that has hot link corn dogs which sounds awesome, but I unfortunately haven't tried them yet. I have a friend that raves about them though.

Red Wagon has great corn dogs! There is also Corn Dog Castle in DCA that has hot link corn dogs which sounds awesome, but I unfortunately haven't tried them yet. I have a friend that raves about them though.

Hot link corn dogs are amazing!

We just did the dinner at the River Belle Terrace for the Fantasmic dinner package. Food was so-so for the price ($41), but the seating was great, right up next to the river. We did Carthay Circle at lunch for the WOC FP and well worth the money, excellent food and service. Again, seating for WoC was great! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter