Last Minute Trip March 16-20....mistake? Scared of Harbor Security!

That's funny about the no-bag line. We were coming over one time just to grab something out of one of the CA shops on our departure day, so just brought a wallet. The guy directing traffic into security lanes with the microphone saw me headed for the no-bag line and called me out and said that my wallet counted as a bag. We had never used the no-bag line before, but thought it was crazy a wallet counted as a bag. Glad to hear they aren't doing that anymore!

Not exact, but same size:

Minnie_Mouse_Bow_IV_1024x.jpg
You would not be able to take this through the no-bag line because it has a zipper and would need to be opened and inspected.

You would not be able to take this through the no-bag line because it has a zipper and would need to be opened and inspected.
My thoughts are thinking about a phone case with a zipper card holder on the back. Do you think that would be considered a bag as well?

That's funny about the no-bag line. We were coming over one time just to grab something out of one of the CA shops on our departure day, so just brought a wallet. The guy directing traffic into security lanes with the microphone saw me headed for the no-bag line and called me out and said that my wallet counted as a bag. We had never used the no-bag line before, but thought it was crazy a wallet counted as a bag. Glad to hear they aren't doing that anymore!

You would not be able to do the no bag line with something that big with a zipper. I saw people being turned away with a similar sized wallet - the CMs were saying "that is big enough that you could put a knife it in so you can take it through".

You would not be able to do the no bag line with something that big with a zipper. I saw people being turned away with a similar sized wallet - the CMs were saying "that is big enough that you could put a knife it in so you can take it through".

Really? That's interesting as most women's wallets have zippers, at least all of mine do. I wonder what type of a wallet would be allowed through the line, since most are big enough to conceal a pocket knife even without a zipper.

Really? That's interesting as most women's wallets have zippers, at least all of mine do. I wonder what type of a wallet would be allowed through the line, since most are big enough to conceal a pocket knife even without a zipper.

It's the combo of zipper and size - zipper on a wallet that is say not much bigger than a credit card is one thing, but anything that is say big enough to keep cash flat would be too big from what we saw. They were also being really strict because of the size of the other lines, knowing people were trying to bypass through the no bag line. A number of people argued with the CMs but they were holding their ground.

This is the size of the wallet my daughter and I brought and my son and husband just had regular folding wallets commonly used by men.

small wallet.jpg

Be aware that USA cheer finals are that weekend at the Anaheim convention center. I know of few of our families are arriving a day early and leaving a day late. It's a stay/play (required to book hotels).
And yes all strollers (regardless of size/pockets) are bags as are any wallet with zips (so we've been told). We hit no bags at rope drop. Phones in pockets, ID/cards in lanyards with AP's. Midday break and bring back a backpack with supplies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter