• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute trip- questions

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
I'll be arriving on Wednesday for an unexpected trip. Will be there for Star Wars nite , probably 7pm-10pm or so and then from around 8am-1:30pm on Thursday. We have club level at DLH so I'll probably not rush out for rope drop so we can have breakfast, and of course I'll need to check out by 11:00. Our whole family is going in June, so I'm not worried about missing out on big rides since I know we'll be back soon.

I just have some questions for people who have been to the park recently:

1. What are the easiest restaurants to mobile order from or walk up and order from?

2. Will I need Genie+ even if I'm not trying to do tons of rides?

3. When I leave DLH, how long does it usually take for Bell services to get your luggage for you? I'll be having a shuttle pick me up and want to make sure I'm ready.

4. Any kind of covid changes I should know about, or is that all gone now? Masks, hand sanitizer, distancing?

5. Do I need to go through the front gate on Thursday since we'll be using our tickets for the first time, or can I take the monorail?

Thank You! :)

1. They all seem easy but Hungry Bear was SLOW last week. Anything in DCA seemed faster
2. I personally used it a LOT. Depends what you want to ride
3. sorry don't know
4. There is sanitizer everywhere, but very few masks and no distancing.
5. not sure.

Have fun!!

I'll be arriving on Wednesday for an unexpected trip. Will be there for Star Wars nite , probably 7pm-10pm or so and then from around 8am-1:30pm on Thursday. We have club level at DLH so I'll probably not rush out for rope drop so we can have breakfast, and of course I'll need to check out by 11:00. Our whole family is going in June, so I'm not worried about missing out on big rides since I know we'll be back soon.

1. What are the easiest restaurants to mobile order from or walk up and order from?

3. When I leave DLH, how long does it usually take for Bell services to get your luggage for you? I'll be having a shuttle pick me up and want to make sure I'm ready.

4. Any kind of covid changes I should know about, or is that all gone now? Masks, hand sanitizer, distancing?

5. Do I need to go through the front gate on Thursday since we'll be using our tickets for the first time, or can I take the monorail?

3. It depends on the time of day. I think we waited maybe around 5-10 minutes at 6:30pm on our last trip. Leave more time if you’re picking it up closer to checkin or checkout times.

1. They are all pretty easy at this point, especially on weekdays. I will say that you need to order ahead at Bengal BBQ, Jolly Holiday, Smokejumper's and Pym's. These usually have return times 1 hr+ out. Everywhere else usually has immediate returns. For walk up, Plaza Inn and Rancho del Zocalo are good. I won't really ever do walk up at any place that offers mobile ordering at this point.

2. For such a short day, no, I would not recommend G+.

3. Allow 30 minutes, although it will probably only take 5-10. That time in the afternoon is close to prime check in time.

4. No covid protocols anymore, anywhere. Mask at your discretion.

5. You can use the monorail, but it has frequently not been running first thing in the morning. So, don't count on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter