Last time…for a while

Well that’s the end of our review. We enjoyed the food, dealt with the reduced housekeeping, tolerated the crowds, were stink bombed, had no success with genie +, & still had a good time.

I’m still sad about not renewing our passes, but I’m excited for our trip to Scotland that we’re planning for later this year. Hopefully, Covid restrictions will be gone by then, no more variants will come out causing borders to be closed, & no wars or conflicts happen….looking at you Russia, keep it civil big guy 🙂.

I do also have hope we’ll make it back to Disney, maybe next year or the year after. It all depends on how much we miss it, what other nonsense Disney has implemented in our absence & how much we enjoy going over seas.

Thanks to all who have read & enjoyed my reviews. Love & Pixie dust!:tinker:

Our first MK day, it was cold & drizzled off and on, but we still had a nice time. We ate at Liberty Tree. I’m not a fan of having to wait outside & wait for your server to come outside & YELL your name. It makes it really crowded & it’s very loud outside, so it’s hard to hear the servers. Before Covid, you could go inside, Ck in, & wait. Also, the bathrooms at LTT always are dirty & smelly. My DH went to the men’s restroom, came bk & told me he could smell the ladies bathroom from the little hallway. 🤢. Needless to say, I waited to go to another restroom in the park.
Our server was MIA for long periods of time. We had no knives to use, so DH grabbed a couple off an adjacent table. We ordered the AYCE & an order of fries for DH, asking for ketchup at the same time as order. They brought out rolls, butter, & salad at the same time, did not give us any little plates. The rolls were dry & cold. The salad was good. The main meal came, no ketchup, DH asked again. When no one came by, DH got up to grab some ketchup. His fries were cold by this time. The turkey & pot roast were both tender & very good, as was the gravy, & mashed potatoes. The Mac & cheese needed more cheese, the stuffing was bland, the green beans were undercooked. We didn’t eat the pork. Next came the one of my favorite desserts, the oooegy gooey toffee cake. Yum! DH doesn’t like it, so he asked for a separate cup of ice cream & I got the toffee goodness all to myself. 😋.
Before the bill, DH told our server we were AP & asked for the discount. He came back without the discount on the bill, so waited & waited, & waited for him to come back. In the meantime, a manager (I’m assuming cause of her clothing) was going table to table asking if everything was ok. When she came to ours we said the food was great, but the server didn’t apply the discount. She told “oh I can’t help you. You need your server.” Well, doh! We laughed & told her he hadn’t been around in a while & she did ask. We found it so funny, she was going around asking but couldn’t do anything. When he came bk, he apologized & redid it. We’re really easy going so none of this really bothered us. We tend to laugh little things off. I will say, I liked it better when you could order individual meals & not the AYCE. It’s so wasteful. Though, the waiter told us an interesting thing. He said Disney recycles the food into fuel, well some of it, & it can help fuel the buses.

All together a good meal, with lots of food & a spectacular dessert
Yes we were told about the recycle food to make fuel too! When we ate breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, my mom didn’t realize there was a sauce in her eggs (not that she wouldn’t have minded if it was on the side, but it was spicy and she couldn’t do it) so the server got her a new one (very quickly might I add like somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes) and my mom thanked and apologized to her and the server was like “it’s no problem! We put it towards the recycled food to fuel for the boats and buses” and needless to say we were floored

This is off topic and gross but also funny…..now. If you get a offended easily or don’t like potty humor do not continue reading.
We were in Monster’s Inc Laugh Factory. Right after the first “that guy” joke when we were hit with the most awful smell, like someone had bad tummy issues or had a fart gone wrong. Wave after wave of this stench assaulted us. We looked around trying to determine the culprit. It was so hideous I put on a second mask on top of the one I was wearing, just to try & block the smell. It didn’t work. After about the third wave, we discovered who it was. How you ask, well the lady next to me, sort of lifted herself, I thought to just adjust position. But NO, she lifted her rear & let the loudest fart rip! Dh looked at me and ask “did she just lift her butt & fart?” Yep, she did. Now normally this would invoke the child in us & we’d giggle, but she kept letting loose those silent & deadly ones for the rest of the show! I was so sick to my stomach by the end.🤢 Needless to say we didn’t enjoy the show. We’re laughing about it today, but at the time, I just wished she would’ve scooted on out of the theater.:rotfl:

note: if this is too graphic description or anyone is offend plz tell me & I’ll delete this.
[/QUOTE

That is too funny - I am sitting here laughing

Just a quick note before I go to our next day. I want to apologize for any grammatically errors. I’m having to write the reviews on my phone & it’s causing me a few issues. I swear I’m not illiterate, 😆.

Wednesday, we were suppose to go to HS, but DH was still salty from trying to use Genie + LL & ILL, so he didn’t feel like trying for ROTR. I didn’t know this & woke up late, saw the time & shook him awake yelling “you forgot to get ROTR!”. At this point, he mumbled he didn’t want to go to the park & rolled back over. So we decided not to go, missing out on Hollywood Brown derby. Instead, he went to the Boardwalk bakery & got sides of bacon & scrambled eggs. The bacon was good, the eggs were not. Afterwards, he went to get a massage. By this time I had a full blown migraine, so I took my medicine, closed the drapes, turned off all of the lights & went to bed. Once, I’m getting comfortable came the dreaded knock. I didn’t want to get up but knew I had to or the cm would come in anyway. (The deadbolt wasn’t on since DH was out of the room). It was a inspector cm. He came in, I stood there holding the door open the whole time looking like death. In the past, we’ve had them come in when we’re in the room, but didn’t go further than the doorway to the beds. This guy went all the way in the room to the glass door & actually was taking his time looking at all our stuff. It was so weird & uncomfortable for me.
By the afternoon my head was better and DH was getting hangry. We debated getting pizza from the Boardwalk pizza window, but since it doesn’t have great reviews that was vetoed. Instead we used Grubhub & ordered from Five Guys. It was delivered surprisingly fast and of course was good.
The pizza window at Boardwalk is actually pretty good, we stayed at Pop last yr took the monorail over grabbed a pizza and went back to our room, we always bring our firestick so we sat in bed and ate pizza. This is probably something we will do on our trip later this year again..

The pizza window at Boardwalk is actually pretty good, we stayed at Pop last yr took the monorail over grabbed a pizza and went back to our room, we always bring our firestick so we sat in bed and ate pizza. This is probably something we will do on our trip later this year again..

Thanks for sharing. Whenever we go back, I’ll feel more confident to try it. 🙂

I second that. We were pleasantly surprised by it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter