• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

What we do to experience the fresh joy through a child's eyes eh? :rotfl: Slow boat to china indeed!

Bummer about Elsa. Maybe she was new or something? I will say that there seemed to be something off about her makeup in these pictures. Didn''t look as well done as I have seen in many other pics.

Almost every parent to adult children I know hates Small World. My mama would rather ride anything else all day than ride Small World even once! It's a tradition to me so I ride it every time. I do really hate the song though, mostly cause once you hear it, think of it, see anything relating to it, it's in your head for days! :eek: Christopher's adorable little grin must've made it some what bearable though; all those kids are adorable. Anna and Elsa! I want to go to Fairy Tale Hall just to see the inside, the theming looks to grandiose. Funny you should say Elsa seemed bored; I've read that on here before. Maybe that's just the type of person Elsa really is :confused: SDMT :yay: can't wait to see how that goes with the kiddos!

I'm sorry, but that Elsa looks like they picked her up at a local bar as a fill-in. :lmao: Her dress is even crooked! I can't believe people stay up all night to get a fast pass to meet them. But, I will be doing the same for my Boss's daughter in Feb, so I guess the joke's on me! :rotfl:

Have you seen the FB version of the Anna and Elsa and Olaf they had at a Walmart? OMG! :lmao::lmao:

You did end up on IASW. :goodvibes Somehow I knew you would take one for the team. I love how Christopher is enjoying it so much!

The PP pictures are adorable! The kids are just so darn cute and the family pics are amazing!

But that Elsa is a little odd looking. Her features are a little harsh. Maybe she had a bad makeup day! :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing those pictures. I am certain, unless I ever have a granddaughter, I will not be getting a FP for Anna & Elsa. I think that just leaves more room for all the mega fans!

Kathy, once again I have been lurking but so far behind in keeping up. All caught up now. ;)

You had to do it, once again reading one of your trip reports we are taken back to your adventures on, "It's a Small World." Ugghhh, I will once again hear that song ringing in my ears all day long. Thank you my friend. :lmao:

I would have to admit I would have the same feelings as Mark did in meeting Elsa & Anna. I know it's the "thing" right now in Disney, but I'm starting to get sensory overload to Frozen.

As for Mark having a long conversation with Anna, "building a snowman." Sure that's what they want you to believe. LOL. I guess your OK as long as Mark didn't get a phone number from her. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

As for Elsa, I have to agree with you, from those pictures she looked like she would rather be anywhere but right there. You could say she was looking a little "FROZEN." Ok, I know, bad joke. :rotfl:

What a fun update! Personally, I like IASW. It is just so colorful and makes me smile. And that look of utter awe on Christopher's face during the ride, says it all.

And that Elsa, oh boy. She was scary. Her dress was too big or something because it didn't fit right. And she just looked off. But Anna, how cute was she. And you got some really good pictures with her.

That big grin on Christopher's face surely made up for the torture of riding IASW! :thumbsup2

Very cute pictures with Anna and Elsa. And I'm not fooled for a minute. Mark didn't want to meet them? Yeah right. :rolleyes2 :lmao:

The Things awe do for kids huh? All i think of when i see IASW is: I'm coming to get you Barbra

Like you said, cannot say NO to the adorable faces! :thumbsup2 they do look happy to be there!!!

What's up with Elsa's eyebrows??? :confused3

I agree Anna is really a great meet.. I do like her better then the queen herself. we both have a thing for Chocolate too..

I had a feeling that's where he was going to take you! Good job, Tim!!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm sorry Elsa was a disappointment. I hope I can eventually get an FP+ so I can actually go in when the kids meet them. :headache:

Everyone hates IASW but I like it. No idea why I like it because I kick myself for going on when the song gets stuck in my head, but 90% of the time when I go to WDW it's closed.

I love the meet pictures with Anna and Elsa. Although Elsa's eyebrows are freaky! This is one FP I am going to try to get for sure! princess:

I was behind, but caught up again!

You guys had a great DIS meet! I'm sure seeing the kids so excited made it worth it to ride the slow boat to China! :lmao:

The first thing I thought of when I saw that Elsa is that she looks kinda like Anne Hathaway :rotfl: Sorry she wasn't up to par, but Anna sure seemed talkative and you guys got some great pictures of all of you! I also enjoyed seeing them together when I was there in May, and am bummed they separated them.

Congrats on surviving It's a Small World! I think I give the ride a break just due to the historical context in that if there wasn't an It's a Small World there may never have been a Disneyland or Disney World. Plus the kids seem to love it ... but I can understand it driving people nuts

Sorry your A&E meet wasn't better - looks like they were entertained by Mark though! :thumbsup2

We had just finished riding Peter Pan and Tim suggested we just walk across the way and ride my all-time favorite ride, It's a Small World...NOT! He knows how much I dislike this ride. But he also knew that his kids love it and that I would do anything for his kids. As Captain_Oblivious said earlier, "why is it I was so anxious for this meet?" :lmao:

:woohoo: Shout out!

Honestly, friends don't force friends onto IASW. :rotfl:

And off we went on the slowest ride you've ever seen. And here are pictures that I am sure you have NEVER seen. :rotfl:

ZZZZZZzzzzzzz...:faint:

Sorry, I'm just conditioned to react a certain way when I see this.

Christopher couldn't get enough

I'm worried about this kid.

What do you think Gabby?

Yeah, she looks like I do on that ride.

That's more like it! :rotfl2::rotfl:

For a man who did NOT care to meet Anna and Elsa, he sure had a long conversation with Anna:

:rolleyes1

They were talking about building a snowman.

In Florida?

The photos of Christopher mesmerized during It's a Small world are really cute. I also like your comment of Gabby looking like you do on the ride - too funny.

I'm sorry that the Elsa you met was a dud. At least Anna seemed entertaining!

Playing catch up again, Kathy!

You sure were able to fit in quite a few rides that day.
So you braved IASW!!! Well, I am sure those cute little faces made up for it.

And you all got some cute photos with Anna and Elsa. I guess I really need to watch the movie some time. ;)

I can't post this on FB where I know many of us are friends because I've not been able to reach Mark and Alisha yet (they are at funeral day of the 18-year old boy that was killed on Monday in the car accident).

I just left my mom's house after receiving a phone call from my brother. Hospice -- both nurse and social worker -- were there. She has taken that turn that they warned us would come.

Of course there is no way to say when she will go, but it won't be long now...a matter of days or a week possibly. She is not responsive, cannot swallow and they are giving her liquid morphine for any pain she might have while sleeping. She looks just as my dad did two days before we lost him.

Oh Kathy, I was just about to post on the latest update but somehow it just doesn't feel right.
I can't even express to you how sorry I am hearing this and prayers and well wishes are being sent your way. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter