Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

So sorry to hear about Nikki's grandmother

Nicki, I am so very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. Please know that you, Todd and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Excited to be subbing along for my first time on one of your TRs. This many DIS readers can't be wrong! :thumbsup2

Considering our first ever F&W trip for next year so I can't wait to hear about it.

Sorry for your family's loss. :sad1:

Joining in. Food and Wine Festival is addictive, isn't it? We missed it this year :-( but in 2012 we ditched the kids with the in-laws and went on the preview night. So much food!!

6 pages already?? lol I'm here, I'm here!

I can't wait to read all about your trip :)

My condolences to Nikki and Todd for their loss.

First, thank ALL of you for your condolences for Nicki...I know she appreciates it.

I promise to get to responses tonight after dinner, but in the meantime, I am linking the TR of my good friend Tim (that's nice) here on the DIS. Since we spent some quality time (behave Tim) with him and his family, I'm sure you will enjoy his report. So please hop on over and subscribe to it. I promise you won't be disappointed (although he is VERY slow to update).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52390024&posted=1#post52390024

I promise to get to responses tonight after dinner, but in the meantime, I am linking the TR of my good friend Tim (that's nice) here on the DIS. Since we spent some quality time (behave Tim) with him and his family, I'm sure you will enjoy his report. So please hop on over and subscribe to it. I promise you won't be disappointed (although he is VERY slow to update).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52390024&posted=1#post52390024

Wow… a shout out and I barely got started. You should of waited a few weeks so I could have a post or 2 up. :rolleyes2 :headache:

I'm here!! I was so excited to get a heads-up, and I still only managed to make page 6! :laughing:

So sorry for Nicki's loss.

EDITED TO ADD - not even page 6!!!! :laughing:

Before I get to responses (if the DIS ever cooperates tonight), I want to explain to my new readers "Nicki." Nicki is not really my sister. But since we met 7 years ago here on the DIS, it is like we are long lost sisters (as are Mark and her husband Todd like long lost brothers).

We came to Marco Island in 2009 (a friend let's us use his condo) after our Disney trip. We met Nicki for coffee one morning and it was instant affection and love. Mark is crazy over the moon for her, as am I. We just hit it off as if we'd known each other forever and we have been the best of friends since and she has become my "little sis"--the one I would do anything for at any time. I love her to pieces.

And it all started on the DIS!

Kathy, I've been trying since yesterday to write this but you know all about the server issues.
I'm very sorry to hear about Nicki's grandmother, if you could add my condolences to the list I would be very grateful.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for the heads up on your trip report, Now I'l finally get in on one from the beginning. I wish we were able to run into you while we were there.

I kept looking for you everywhere we went our last day. I'm sorry too we didn't run into each other.

I'm sorry to hear about Nikki's grandmother. :sad1:

Thank you.

Kathy I am here. Life has been busy with health issues Tec but of course I want to follow your trip report. I may not always comment but I will be reading along.

Judy, I'm happy to have you here whenever you can stop by.

Hello there. I've never followed one of your trip reports before, however in this case I feel like I have a jump on the rest. We've never spoken but my friends and I were members of your Memory Maker group this trip, so I've seen a lot of your photos from the trip in passing. I'm interested in hearing the stories behind the trip photos now :)

:welcome: Sarah; thank you for joining.

If you happened to see any of the other photos on the MM share, my friends and I were the group of 3 girls~

I did see those pictures...they were terrific.

Nicki, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I was very close to my grandmas and I miss them every day. Safe travels to you and Todd to Boston.

Thanks, Jeanette.

Kathy....you and Mark are not boring...we love your TRs!! :hug:

You are way too kind.

I am so sorry to hear about Nicki & Todd's loss of her grandmother. My prayers, along with many others here on the DIS are going out to them. :hug:

Thanks, Bob.

I'm so sorry to hear about Nicki's grandmother. My condolences to you Nicki and your family!

Thanks, Stephanie.

Page five already! This what I get for reading and not checking my FB messages sooner. ;) (your TR is NOT to be missed...as SO many DISers have learned over the years. :goodvibes )

Like I told Jeanette, you are too kind.

So happy this will not be your "last trip for awhile". :cool1: Going back to read....thank you so much for the invite! ::yes::

We will see what happens. Andy is in Cancun right now and says it is lovely. So our plans may change again.

Oh, I am so very sorry to hear of Nicki's grandmother passing. Much love and prayer to Nicki, Todd and her family. Boston is home to me so I will be thinking of them in a special way as they travel home to remember and celebrate her dear grandmother. :hug:

Thanks, Christine.

So sorry to hear the news about Nicki's grandmother. Prayers for the family.

Thanks, Mark.

Very sorry to hear about the passing of Nicki's grandmother ... definitely will keep her, Todd, and her family in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

Thanks, Phil.

I'm sorry to hear about the sad news :worried: I will keep Nikki and her family in my prayers.

Thanks, Lauren.

I'm here :goodvibes

:yay::yay:It wouldn't be complete if you weren't here.

I am so sorry to hear about Nikki's grandmother, I will be thinking of her and Todd as they make their way to celebrate her life.

Thanks, Cynthia.

Nicki, sorry to hear about your grandmother. Save travels to the North East.

Thanks, Tim.

So sorry to hear about Nikki's grandmother

Thanks, Emma.

I'm so sorry to hear about Nicki's grandmother :sad1:

Thanks, Sarah.

Nicki, I am so very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. Please know that you, Todd and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, Lisa.

Excited to be subbing along for my first time on one of your TRs. This many DIS readers can't be wrong! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Stacy. They could just be nice. :lmao::lmao: Seriously, I have the best bunch of readers ever.

Considering our first ever F&W trip for next year so I can't wait to hear about it.

Oh my...you will love it.

Sorry for your family's loss. :sad1:

Thank you, Stacy. As I explained a few posts above, Nicki is not really my sister...but she is the closest thing I have. But I am sure Nicki appreciates your thoughts.

Joining in. Food and Wine Festival is addictive, isn't it? We missed it this year :-( but in 2012 we ditched the kids with the in-laws and went on the preview night. So much food!!

:welcome: Michelle. Oh very addictive. I wish we could have squeezed in a few more days there. I like that you ditched the kids. :) And thanks again for the PM!

Hey Kathy check out the TR board, you might find something of interest there…. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I almost fell off my lounger at the pool when I saw that. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

6 pages already?? lol I'm here, I'm here!

:yay: Krysten is here. I've missed you around here.

I can't wait to read all about your trip :)

Thanks!

My condolences to Nikki and Todd for their loss.

Thank you; I'm sure they appreciate it.

Wow… a shout out and I barely got started. You should of waited a few weeks so I could have a post or 2 up. :rolleyes2 :headache:

Well, I know how slow you are with updates, etc., so I figured it would give everyone a few weeks to subscribe.

I'm here!! I was so excited to get a heads-up, and I still only managed to make page 6! :laughing:

Roni, you are here, and that makes me happy.

So sorry for Nicki's loss.

Thank you.

EDITED TO ADD - not even page 6!!!! :laughing:

It doesn't matter with the way the DIS was acting yesterday and this morning I couldn't get an update done anyway.

Kathy, I've been trying since yesterday to write this but you know all about the server issues.
I'm very sorry to hear about Nicki's grandmother, if you could add my condolences to the list I would be very grateful.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Darn server issues. I will certainly let Nicki know; thanks Wendy.

Hi Friend! I'm sorry I'm so late to the party, but I'm here now!!!!:flower3:

Queen, so happy to have you here. I have to go find your TR too.

Awww Kathy, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I know first hand the friendship that can develop from the DIS. As far as I'm concerned, she IS your sister.

Please pass along my sincere condolences for her loss. :flower3:

Awww Kathy, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I know first hand the friendship that can develop from the DIS. As far as I'm concerned, she IS your sister.

Please pass along my sincere condolences for her loss. :flower3:

Thanks, Rob; she is truly in every sense my "little sis." I will pass on your condolences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter