626titch

Earning My Ears
Aloha!
I haven’t been back to Disney in 7 years and this is my first time actually planning the trip as an adult!
my partner and I will be celebrating our5th Anniversary and Disney’s 50th Celebration! We’re calling it he 50/05 Disney Anniversary!

Just 2-Adults!
The only problem is we’re so torn on dates between the last 2-weeks of August 2022 or 2-weeks Mid-September 2022.

I’m an August babyand have been as a kid in august for my birthday over 10 years ago! The heat is something we can handle with fans, sprays, and mid-day breaks are the plan for either month!

My problems are 1. Crowds, 2. Park Hours, and 3. Weather (in terms of rain)

1. How have the crowds been in the past 3-5 years during these two times?
I’ve read two things. The later in August you go, the better as crowds begin to drop in that month, is that still the case? We’d be arriving at the end of the 3rd full week in August and stay right into Early September, leaving the Saturday before Labor Day.
How is September? I heard this was a magic month but that as years have gone on— not so much anymore? For September we’d arrive the Sunday after Memorial Day weekend for two weeks, leaving the Sunday before the last week of September.

2. I’ve heard Magic lower crowds about September— what worries me are park hours. Do they cut back in September compared to late August? Are there less Extra Evening Hours normally? (We’d be staying deluxe so when it changes we’d still have access?)
Our goal is to rope drop, then come back to rest at the hotel 1-2 for pool time, then head back into the parks for dinner and evening fun around 6ish?
mid the parks close early (and there’s less magic hours) I feel we’d lose valuable time?

3.Weather is probably similar in both months. That’s why we want to utilize mid-day pool/resort time! But we’re nervous that evening will be too short in September to fully get back into the “bearable” fun?
Hurricane Season? I’ve heard not to stress too much about this. Disney hasn’t closed much. Parks can be empty before or after Hurricanes? We’d also be staying two weeks and would be able to enjoy the time still!
i also enjoy the afternoon showers and then the sun comes back out! But does September get more rainy and gloomy or is it still Florida’s sunny during this time?

Let me know any of your helpful thoughts! Super appreciative of all you awesome Disnerds! 💙

September by a mile! Smaller crowds though it is still hot. Always a hurricane risk but so is August. Good luck!

Last edited:
September by a mile! Smaller crowds though it is still hot. Always a hurricane risk but so it August. Good luck!

how are the September park hours compared to August usually?im nervous mid-day breaks would drastically cut too much time out of our day if they’re closing early?

Another vote for September here due to the low crowds. That is when we would visit when our kids were little. Now we often do that last week of August before they go back to school. Crowds aren’t traditionally bad the week leading up to Labor Day, but they are even lower the weeks after.

I can’t remember the exact difference in park hours (if there was one), but I don’t believe they close really early in September. If 2021 is any indication, the hours are the same between the weeks you are looking at.

I think the hours are similar. Hopefully you won't need park reservations by then so you can go wherever you want, when you want (can ya hear me Disney?) :wizard:

We normally visit the second week of Sep but have moved it to last week of Aug this year due to it being harder for my daughter to get caught up on school.

We've been both times. Both times will be melt-your-face-off hot and it will rain almost every single day you're there but it just goes with the territory. I will say in Sep we find we get a tiny break for the heat when the sun goes down that we don't get in August.

Sep crowds will be lower than August so my recommendation is for Sep also.

We normally visit the second week of Sep but have moved it to last week of Aug this year due to it being harder for my daughter to get caught up on school.

We've been both times. Both times will be melt-your-face-off hot and it will rain almost every single day you're there but it just goes with the territory. I will say in Sep we find we get a tiny break for the heat when the sun goes down that we don't get in August.

Sep crowds will be lower than August so my recommendation is for Sep also.
How are the hours in September vs August?

How are the hours in September vs August?
Sorry, not really sure as we haven't visited in August in almost 10 years and the August hours for 2021 have not been updated yet.

I'm not sure how prior years will compare to this year and last either as hours since re-opening in July 2020 do not represent the norm of years past.

Disney starts to cut back evening late hours by mid-august, around the 15th. but parks usually close around 9. you'd still have plenty of time to break away and come back. Most local children start school in August so crowds will be somewhat lower. Weather is not too much different in early to mid-sept. possibly a bit cooler at times, but not always. Love bugs make an appearance around 2nd to 3rd week in Sept.

Aloha!
I haven’t been back to Disney in 7 years and this is my first time actually planning the trip as an adult!
my partner and I will be celebrating our5th Anniversary and Disney’s 50th Celebration! We’re calling it he 50/05 Disney Anniversary!

Just 2-Adults!
The only problem is we’re so torn on dates between the last 2-weeks of August 2022 or 2-weeks Mid-September 2022.

I’m an August babyand have been as a kid in august for my birthday over 10 years ago! The heat is something we can handle with fans, sprays, and mid-day breaks are the plan for either month!

My problems are 1. Crowds, 2. Park Hours, and 3. Weather (in terms of rain)

1. How have the crowds been in the past 3-5 years during these two times?
I’ve read two things. The later in August you go, the better as crowds begin to drop in that month, is that still the case? We’d be arriving at the end of the 3rd full week in August and stay right into Early September, leaving the Saturday before Labor Day.
How is September? I heard this was a magic month but that as years have gone on— not so much anymore? For September we’d arrive the Sunday after Memorial Day weekend for two weeks, leaving the Sunday before the last week of September.

2. I’ve heard Magic lower crowds about September— what worries me are park hours. Do they cut back in September compared to late August? Are there less Extra Evening Hours normally? (We’d be staying deluxe so when it changes we’d still have access?)
Our goal is to rope drop, then come back to rest at the hotel 1-2 for pool time, then head back into the parks for dinner and evening fun around 6ish?
mid the parks close early (and there’s less magic hours) I feel we’d lose valuable time?

3.Weather is probably similar in both months. That’s why we want to utilize mid-day pool/resort time! But we’re nervous that evening will be too short in September to fully get back into the “bearable” fun?
Hurricane Season? I’ve heard not to stress too much about this. Disney hasn’t closed much. Parks can be empty before or after Hurricanes? We’d also be staying two weeks and would be able to enjoy the time still!
i also enjoy the afternoon showers and then the sun comes back out! But does September get more rainy and gloomy or is it still Florida’s sunny during this time?

Let me know any of your helpful thoughts! Super appreciative of all you awesome Disnerds! 💙
I got back from WDW two weeks ago. It was the first time that my wife and I have been with out the FastPass system in place. The wait time on the most popular attractions were 2 to 3 hours. The FastPass system is only for people with medical conditions that do not allow them to stand for long periods of time. At Disney Springs to get into The LEGO Store the wait time was 1 hour and 2.5 for The World of Disney. My wife and I have been going for 30+ years but until the FastPass system returns normally or Disney releases their new system sadly we will never return.
As for the mask only needed for transportation system - bus, boat, monorail or skyliner (we always stay at the Pop Century this is a game changer going to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios). But no mask- wait in line for attractions, restaurants or shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter