Last Women you seen in Concert

Sierra Boggess last night!

For those of you who don't know, she is a Broadway star who is best known for playing Christine in The Phantom of the Opera and is considered by Andrew Lloyd Webber to be 'the best Christine, certainly'.

Unless there was a woman in Weird Al's backup band at the time: Alison Krauss & Union Station.

I'm not a fan of country music by any means, but I can dig bluegrass in small doses. Mrs. Homie, however, thinks Alison is the bee's knees. She put on a hella good concert, by the way. Her speaking voice and her singing voice are worlds apart.

Sierra Boggess last night!

For those of you who don't know, she is a Broadway star who is best known for playing Christine in The Phantom of the Opera and is considered by Andrew Lloyd Webber to be 'the best Christine, certainly'.

Wow, that's saying something! Considering that I think ALW wrote Christine's parts specifically with Sarah Brightman in mind.

Huh. Now that you ask, I realize I've never seen a woman in concert. I haven't been to a lot of them, but the half dozen or so have all been men! Even the opening acts.

That's kind of sad. :(

I've been to more shows than that, but I too have never seen a "big" female act. 3 of my favorite local bands do have female leads though.

Edit: here's our favorite local band:

Last edited:
Saw Paula Abdul last night when she opened for NKOTB.

When I read this I had to check to make sure this wasn't a zombie thread ;) The last female headline act I saw was Tina Turner (now you get to check if this is a zombie thread!) back in the 80s. The only other woman that comes to mind is when Patty Scialfa tours with the E Street Band aka Bruce Springsteen.

@rastahomie I'm right there with you on Alison Krauss, she's awesome. I'm not into country or even bluegrass but I feel like she's a great musician that happens to play in that style. She'd probably be great doing any kind of music.

Wow, I guess I haven't seen too many women in concert. Last woman I've seen in concert was Sarah Guthrie around 3 years ago.

When I read this I had to check to make sure this wasn't a zombie thread ;) The last female headline act I saw was Tina Turner (now you get to check if this is a zombie thread!) back in the 80s. The only other woman that comes to mind is when Patty Scialfa tours with the E Street Band aka Bruce Springsteen.

Lol. Never was able to see NKOTB back when I was a kid so I took advantage of them coming so close to home. Paula Abdul was a bonus.

Adele -October 2016. In the past, I have seen Trisha Yearwood, Dixie Chicks twice and Allison Krauss with Union Station. In college, I saw 10,000 Maniacs with Natalie Merchant. I have seen more women in concert than all guys( U2, Bon Jovi, Tim McGraw with Kenny Chesney).

If we're counting comedians, I'm still out. Have seen some good female comics over the years, but none famous enough that I can even recall their names.

Would love to see Kathleen Madigan though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter