• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late April Trip Report-First Time Back in 4 Years!

lindotts

Earning My Ears
Sort of a really late Pre-Trip report.
My sister made one of her own, but since I spend most of my trip going off on my own, I see it fit to have my own Post.

I havent been to Disney World in 4 years, so I am very excited to be going back!

The Trip
When: April 26-May 2
Where: Walt Disney World and Universal Studios
Staying At: Port Orleans French Quarter
Im going with my whole family: Mom, Dad, Sister, Sister's Best Friend, Brother, and Grandmother.
My sister, her best friend, and I are all sleeping in the same room, as its my sister's senior year trip.

Here's me the last time I went to Disney World:
gzb4A6.png

…and here's me now.
HJuAeK.png

It feels like forever. lol

Trip Preparation/Pre-Trip Excitement
So far, most of the major trip-planning has been done by my sister. I don't have a whole lot of the details, like what days we're eating and where, but it's been kind of fun to let go and not know as many details like in the past. I'm going to go by my sister's schedule of course, but she's been more involved with making it this time.

Monday, I finished working on my MagicBand. It's Little Mermaid themed! I was inspired by someone else's design on the DiS I saw recently, though I made significant alterations to make it more my own.
G0HjBv.png

And lastly for now, we come to tonight. I made several Mickey Mouse cookies to sort of get everyone in the Disney mood. Or the more Disney Mood.
DItEv6.png

Well, that's all for now. I will be updating periodically as I prepare. I currently have finals coming up, so I probably won't be posting much until Friday night or Saturday.
~more to come~

Now, one whole day before we leave at 5:00 am on Sunday!
It will be a long morning indeed lol

Here's a glimpse at our itinerary for the week:
Sunday-6 hour drive to Orlando; we will hopefully arrive at noon.
I'll probably take a nap, and then head to Downtown Disney for the afternoon before our dinner at Ohana.
Monday
-Magic Kingdom! I get to see New Fantasyland for the first time! Eating dinner at my favorite Disney resort, Grand Floridian Cafe. :flower1:

Tuesday-We are going to Hollywood Studios. The rest of my family is going to Animal Kingdom, but I am going to stay in HS until I've seen everything, and going to the hotel pool when I'm done. :D
Wednesday-My first time in Universal! (Specifically, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!! :yay:

Thursday-My favorite park, EPCOT! Eating dinner at Tokyo Dining, in my favorite pavilion, Japan. :D

Friday-We're splitting our last day in Disney between more EPCOT and Magic Kingdom again.

And on Saturday, we are sadly leaving.

But not to think about that yet, we're leaving in one day!! :tongue:

Now, one whole day before we leave at 5:00 am on Sunday!
It will be a long morning indeed lol

Here's a glimpse at our itinerary for the week:
Sunday-6 hour drive to Orlando; we will hopefully arrive at noon.
I'll probably take a nap, and then head to Downtown Disney for the afternoon before our dinner at Ohana.
Monday
-Magic Kingdom! I get to see New Fantasyland for the first time! Eating dinner at my favorite Disney resort, Grand Floridian Cafe. :flower1:

Tuesday-We are going to Hollywood Studios. The rest of my family is going to Animal Kingdom, but I am going to stay in HS until I've seen everything, and going to the hotel pool when I'm done. :D
Wednesday-My first time in Universal! (Specifically, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!! :yay:

Thursday-My favorite park, EPCOT! Eating dinner at Tokyo Dining, in my favorite pavilion, Japan. :D

Friday-We're splitting our last day in Disney between more EPCOT and Magic Kingdom again.

And on Saturday, we are sadly leaving.

But not to think about that yet, we're leaving in one day!! :tongue:

EXCITED

Update: Currently in the car on the way to Orlando! It's 5:30 am here and we'll be there around noon.

Have a bit of a cold scare, hope I feel better before we eat at Ohana tonight.

Will report back later. :D

Haha wow guys, our trip is on its last day and I havent posted anything! So I guess I will be posting about it day-by-day now.

Here are some pictures and updates from Day 1, Arriving at our Hotel and Ohana.
(They're all cell phone photos, sorry for the quality.)

Port Orleans French Quarter! I've stayed here once before a long time ago, and it still looks as awesome as I remember.
9KPwb8.jpg

SVOivX.jpg

wHD3Ia.jpg
xFeqrU.jpg

Then we headed over to the Polynesian for dinner at Ohana. The resort looks SO nice and my friend and I got a nice picture before dinner.
ZbJ3nR.jpg
en1NZZ.jpg

(I'm on the left)

Well thats it for the first day. I'll post pics of Magic Kingdom next.

So sorry for the delay.

I know its been a *long* time since I posted here.

Day 2-Magic Kingdom

6Z73Bb.jpg

(not a very good) picture of Beast's castle, where we started our day off!

Be Our Guest is a great restaurant and I will be sure to eat there next time we go to WDW!
LfeFuN.jpg

QxYktK.jpg

Next, I rode Under the Sea for the first time!! It was really neat, my favorite part being the Kiss the Girl scene.
ZMoEZN.jpg
3u64pP.jpg

dqW4hN.jpg

For dinner, my sister and her best friend and I ate in my personal favorite resort, The Grand Floridian at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It's a gorgeous resort, and I'm hoping to finally stay there one day soon.
r9dU8l.jpg
ijqODB.jpg

I had the oven-roasted chicken, and it was heavenly.
Nuwh6k.jpg

For dessert, we got the sampler. My favorite was the almond cake with berries on top.
KVPyFs.jpg
GWuLRT.jpg
Jzcb8O.jpg
chocolate Mickey!!

I stayed at the Grand Floridian for a while to look around the resort area before heading back to the Magic Kingdom for my last fastpass: Enchanted Tales with Belle. It was a fun, adorable show with a very well themed queue that I enjoyed.

9Kxq5E.jpg
vHrXSa.jpg
zHZMkJ.jpg

Day 3- the first of two trips to Epcot and a late-night visit to Hollywood Studios.

Epcot was holding its Flower & Garden Festival, which was cool, as I've only been to Food & Wine.
2SjYxp.jpg
2E3SnF.jpg

vh85PT.jpg

I ate lunch at Japan's Katsura Grill; Curry Beef Udon. I had not had Japanese Curry before, but this definitely won't be the last time. Mmmm.
dh0KbS.jpg

I also picked up a drink from one of the outside vendors, called Strawberry Nigiri. Very good. A little on the stronger side, but the strawberry flavor was a perfect balance for me.
2H5ONR.jpg

I don't have many pictures of Epcot that morning, but I do have some pics from Hollywood Studios that night.
IZ3BQv.jpg
SHrob1.jpg
vn9OB7.jpg
qTKpTE.jpg
7hNUAz.jpg

And thats the end of Day 3!

Day 4- Universal and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!
I was so excited about this day. I had never seen the new Wizarding World attraction since it first opened, so I was extra excited!

This is us pre-Universal.
DUGIbG.jpg

We had a two-park pass, so we started in Islands of Adventure.
QweqZE.jpg
L3Emmr.jpg

And then finally, we got to Hogsmeade.
I had a really nerdy moment seeing this place for the first time…
27dRG5.jpg
74ylLB.jpg
Bw0X6x.jpg
vRdKWb.jpg
efYqAH.jpg
7mlKO9.jpg

And took far too many pictures…

I also got some yummy Butterbeer and a souvenir mug, something I'd planned to get before even leaving for Florida!
nR6aU5.jpg

Inside Hogwarts
scASay.jpg
o2fbLk.jpg
zaWn5k.jpg
jrFOky.jpg

cz2cgf.jpg

After that, we boarded the Hogwarts Express to go to what was my favorite part of the Wizarding World: Diagon Alley! It was amazing looking, you really have to be there to feel it. Its really well-themed and decorated, and Knockturn Alley is even there.

tkBcIF.jpg
kmc2Kv.jpg

2QxsCX.jpg
tbeVnD.jpg
LobClR.jpg
Tb6FNB.jpg
Qrrq1B.jpg

I spent most of the rest of the day in Diagon Alley, looking at shops and drinking more butterbeer, but I did stop by the Transformers area to see the talking robots. It was pretty neat and cool to see them interact with people.
iykb6V.jpg
0N8uxr.jpg

Thats all I have of Day 4. After Universal, my family headed to Moe's and had a good cheap dinner. Haha.

Day 5- EPCOT again. Mostly Future World and the Japan Pavilion again. (I love the shop there, cant help myself)
I rode Mission Space Green for the first time, which was really cool. As a chicken on rides, it was very tame and well-adjusted to people like me who don't like too many thrills.
vYvW6J.jpg
zqpKlo.jpg

yllsEU.jpg

I spent a while wishing I could afford the cool anime figurines and also tried on a kimono, which was very cool.
KdqlEO.jpg
54KA6p.jpg

Finally, we ate dinner at Tokyo Dining. I had Panko Chicken, which came with a lot of stuff, like Miso Soup, Noodle Salad, Rice, and Cucumber Salad.
My desert was Green Tea Cheesecake, and very delicious.
Fo1v3l.jpg

I bought a bunch of Japanese candy to bring back with me as well.
N8k91Z.jpg

Sadly, I don't have any pictures from the last day.
Instead of going to Magic Kingdom again, I went to Downtown Disney on my own. We ate at Cape May that night.

Unfortunately, by the end of the trip I was feeling pretty sick and this made me really tired. I wish I had eaten more then and gotten pictures of the good food.

Overall, it was a good trip and Im thankful for my parents for allowing us to go on this much-needed vacation. I hope next time I don't get ill and can enjoy my vacation to the fullest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter