Late check-out at OKW allowed?

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
I've purchased points from another DIS'er, so I'm a complete novice ;)

Will they allow us to pay extra for a later check-out, or do I need to buy additional points?

ANY advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated :) :) :) :) :)

Late checkouts are not allowed. I haven't heard of anyone having success requesting a late checkout when staying at a DVC resort.

However, you can use the facilities during the day. There are changing rooms and showers by the pool and they will store your luggage for the day.

We've done this and had an enjoyable day. However, if you need the room for some reason, such as a nap for children, then it doesn't help.

From what I have heard late checkouts are almost never granted. If you really need the use of the villa through mid-day you would probably need to buy points for one more night....

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "buy more points".
Are you renting points from a DIS SVC member or are you a member? If you are a member, you would need to call and see if another day is available and then use more of your points to pay for it. You don't buy more points.
If you are renting from a DVC member, you would need to have the DVC member try to get a reservation for an additional day and then pay the cost of renting the points it took to pay for that day.
As someone else mentioned, you can store your luggage and use the pool and other facilities until you need to leave.

I recently requested a late check out, offering to pay cash for the extra hours and was told "no". So, when we go for Labor Day, I am spending the points for an extra day because our plane doesn't leave until 7:00. We are not pool people or all-day park people either, so I think spending the extra points will make our last day very relaxing.

we had a late plane too and did the same thing....last time we were there.....

it beats having to scurry to accomodate the "housekeepers" who knock on your door at 10 am

WE usually plan our flight out around 5 or 6 p.m. We also plan to spend most of mid day the last day seeing all our favorites over again before heading to the airport. We usually rent a car, so we pack and load the car in the morning and be sure to leave the villa by check out time. Our parking permit is valid through that day, so we just leave it at the villa and return on the bus in time to get to the airport. We spend most of our last day on buses and monorails hopping back and forth to the parks and attractions we want to get in at the last minute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter