Late check out? Beach club club level

kelownamom

Earning My Ears
I have never requested a late check out before at disney and was wondering how this goes.. We have a dvc reservation at the boardwalk but flights sucked so we booked a flight the day before and added a night at the beach club prior to our boardwalk reservation. With two babies on westcoast time, which I would rather they stay on, 11= 8 for these guys so a noon or even better 1pm check out would be much much better making our split stay more enjoyable

I have never requested a late check out before at disney and was wondering how this goes.. We have a dvc reservation at the boardwalk but flights sucked so we booked a flight the day before and added a night at the beach club prior to our boardwalk reservation. With two babies on westcoast time, which I would rather they stay on, 11= 8 for these guys so a noon or even better 1pm check out would be much much better making our split stay more enjoyable

No one here can tell you for sure. All you can do is ask.
What time of year are you going? What day of the week?
It is ultimately a Housekeeping decision based on occupancy. If they need to prepare the room for the next guest to check in to, the answer will be no. If it is available they may grant you a 1 PM checkout.
Good Luck

No one here can tell you for sure. All you can do is ask.
What time of year are you going? What day of the week?
It is ultimately a Housekeeping decision based on occupancy. If they need to prepare the room for the next guest to check in to, the answer will be no. If it is available they may grant you a 1 PM checkout.
Good Luck
We are there during food and wine so I feel our chances may be slim but Hopefully! I knew no one could tell me for sure if it will happen but just hoping for some positive stories and the how often they allow this sort of thing.

We are there during food and wine so I feel our chances may be slim but Hopefully! I knew no one could tell me for sure if it will happen but just hoping for some positive stories and the how often they allow this sort of thing.

I agree with you . It is very unlikely during Food & Wine

I have to agree with others that during Food & Wine and considering it is club level which takes down the inventory of rooms tremendously, it would be doubtful.

This was my fear now to decide if it's worth just adding a second night at the beach club then it's a non issue! Thank you so much!!

Let me give you what I think might be a tip here. Last month I was granted an early check-in and a late check-out and a "upgraded" room view at POFQ for our one night stay. We checked in at like 9:30 in the morning and at 1 p.m. the next day. This was last month, a very busy time. What I think got both of them for us was the fact that I was willing to take any room available. I got a river view, handicap accessible room. Now the walk was a bit longer to this room, but I didn't mind since we were only there for one night and I did like being able to watch the boats on the river.

I was very happy that they were able to place us in a room very early, and extend our stay by two hours. Tremendous help for us! So if you are not very picky about room location, or if a handicap room is fine with you, you may get some pixie dust like we did.

Let me give you what I think might be a tip here. Last month I was granted an early check-in and a late check-out and a "upgraded" room view at POFQ for our one night stay. We checked in at like 9:30 in the morning and at 1 p.m. the next day. This was last month, a very busy time. What I think got both of them for us was the fact that I was willing to take any room available. I got a river view, handicap accessible room. Now the walk was a bit longer to this room, but I didn't mind since we were only there for one night and I did like being able to watch the boats on the river.

I was very happy that they were able to place us in a room very early, and extend our stay by two hours. Tremendous help for us! So if you are not very picky about room location, or if a handicap room is fine with you, you may get some pixie dust like we did.

Yes, but your situation was VERY DIFFERENT. You were at POFQ and had the whole resort available. OP is at the. BC Club Level - a vastly smaller pool of rooms available.
You were at POFQ during a busy week. But it does not compare to an Epcot Area Resort during Food & Wine.
Thanks for sharing your experience but You are comparing apples and bolts. One experience does not relate to the other.

How/when did you make the request?

The latest "late checkout" I was ever granted was 2 hours late (1:00pm). I've never been turned down for a late checkout, and we go in October during F&W (those stays were at POP and AsMo).

Yes, but your situation was VERY DIFFERENT. You were at POFQ and had the whole resort available. OP is at the. BC Club Level - a vastly smaller pool of rooms available.
You were at POFQ during a busy week. But it does not compare to an Epcot Area Resort during Food & Wine.
Thanks for sharing your experience but You are comparing apples and bolts. One experience does not relate to the other.
Oh, ya, Club Level. I was just thinking Beach Club in general.

What is the best way to request a late check out? In advance? Check in? Night before check out?

Thank you everyone for your help we decided to shuffle our schedule a bit so if the don't allow us the later checkout we don't have anywhere we "have" to be so if babies are tired we can just call it an early night at the boardwalk!

The earlier you ask the more time they have to plan the more likely they are to grant your request. I have received a late check out on many visits when I asked 3-4 days before check out. I have been denied only on trips where I asked the night before check out. Typically, this has been in RPC at GF.

I stay 50/50 POFQ and deluxe and I usually ask for a late check out. Several times I have been told no, and several times I have been given one hour later (noon). Last time they told me 'no', I complained because I had been told 'no' several times in a row, and the CM said to ask as soon as possible as there are a limited amount of rooms for late check out (which makes sense since everyone cannot check out late).

So ask as soon as you check in.

We always stay CL-most of the time at BC. In 16 trips, we have requested a late check out probably 11 times. I generally request it after we have been there three or four days but I have forgotten and asked as late as the night before. We have only been turned down once and that was when we stayed in the 2 bedroom turret suite at YC and a bride and groom were checking in before their wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter