Late Checkin

MI_firefighter

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving late at night (11:30) and I was wondering if this affects anything with room assignments. Is it possible that we could get a room ready text before our plane even takes off?

We often arrive late at night and yes you will get your room ready text before you arrive. We’ve gotten some really great rooms with late arrivals, so I wouldn’t worry.

Can get last crappy room if other folks complain about and switch their room assignments before you get there.

Can get last crappy room if other folks complain about and switch their room assignments before you get there.

I don't know how that works. Let's say you and I are checking in on the same day. I booked for 7 nights and you booked for 2 nights. I get there first and don't like my room. Can they give me your room, or will there be a whole domino effect of who was supposed to get the rooms after us?

I don't know how that works. Let's say you and I are checking in on the same day. I booked for 7 nights and you booked for 2 nights. I get there first and don't like my room. Can they give me your room, or will there be a whole domino effect of who was supposed to get the rooms after us?
I don't know. I know it happens because I have, a couple times and also heard of others doing this, arrived early and been told room was not ready and asked if there was any room ready or near ready and been given a room...even given choices. And at BWV once we checked in early and had 2 rooms which we requested be across the hall from each other (1 P/G view and 1 standard view). We arrived around noon. And at 4pm (as well as a couple times prior to 4pm) I went to desk because we had still not gotten our rooms. We were told it was taking longer due to having to meet our request. So we waited and at 4:30 we got 1 room and then other shortly after that....and...not only were they not across the hall from each other but when you get off elevator one was down the hall to left and other was down hall to right. We waled in the to the left one and could hear sawing and hammering (during the renos a few years back). They were literally working right next door. We could not even hold a conversation. So I realized they had 2 rooms across hall for us as requested and to the right of elevator. But someone else got that construction noise room and complained so they gave them our original room and bumped us over there in the noise. I am willing to bet that's what happened. And then they were trying to wait until 5pm to give us room since that's when construction was supposed to stop.

I think that happens less with online check in. Once the room text ready is sent they aren’t going to move someone into your room. And anyway, it really hasn’t been our experience even before that. West coast and almost always late arrivals. Our “crappy” rooms have been when we’ve changed resorts and arrived early.

Well once they've sent room ready text with #, true, they won't change it. But if you are flying and take ME and they know your arrival time (and if it's late) they won't send text until later so they have plenty of time to swap rooms around. If you're driving in, they look at the arrival time you put on the online check in. I admit to always putting earlier than my expected time...like if we think we'll get in at 3pm I may put 1:30pm. If we were to get in at 10pm I'd put 3pm just so we get assigned our room by 4pm and get the text. If you put 10pm, you may get the 4:30-5pm room ready texts (we've gotten about 3 times) and then it may be last available room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter