• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late Checkout

andee515

DIS Veteran
I know these are hit or miss, but when is the appropriate time to request? When you check in? The night before you leave?

We always request it the night before check-out. YMMV whether it's granted or not. If you are staying in a DVC villa, they will not grant late check-outs.

Agree - the night before check-out is probably the best time to ask. That's when they'll have the latest information regarding room turnover the next day.

Is it a matter of a late flight out?

People often recommend adding 1 more night to your stay even though you'll be gone before bedtime. It's much simpler, they say, to have the room if you want to swim to kill time until you need to prep to head for the airport or kids need naps (heck, parents may need them if a long, late-night flight).

That way, you leave whenever you need to, more rested and ready to get going.

Could be worth the cost in less stress and rushing about to check out.

Is it a matter of a late flight out?

People often recommend adding 1 more night to your stay even though you'll be gone before bedtime. It's much simpler, they say, to have the room if you want to swim to kill time until you need to prep to head for the airport or kids need naps (heck, parents may need them if a long, late-night flight).

That way, you leave whenever you need to, more rested and ready to get going.

Could be worth the cost in less stress and rushing about to check out.

It is a late flight, 6:20 pm. We are staying at AKL and unfortunately, way too expensive to add on extra day. We plan on resort day with breakfast at Boma, animals and pool. I am already planning on stowing stuff with bell services and showering at the pool before pick up. Just looking for a little more wiggle :)

Late checkouts right now are rare to non existent (not that they were huge before any world changing events happened). If it's granted, I wouldn't expect more than an hour, not all afternoon. It seems many of the resorts are still running short handed, so they need as much time as possible to be flipping rooms. Good luck!

Req late check out once you get to room. Call from room using HK button on phone. Late check out is 1:00 at the latest.
Due to staffing it is VERY limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter