Late Connection YYZ-Anyone stay in the airport?

Bea

DIS Veteran
West Jet out of Halifax only gives the option to overnight in Toronto. We get in around 11:00 pm, and leave at 7:10 am. Has anyone stayed at the airport? Thinking getting a hotel for maybe 5 hours is a waste of money. We are also hoping to do our US Nexus interview and they open at 4 am.

if anyone has overnighted in Toronto, are there food venues open? Would we be the only ones or were there lots of others in the middle of the night?

I have never overnighted in the airport but have been in that airport many times. I can’t say it would be very comfortable doing that. The seating isn’t that comfy. I would assume that there won’t be any food places open until early morning.

I know it seems like a waste but you may want to look at the Sheraton that’s attached to the airport. It actually is attached to terminal 3 (the one WestJet flies out of).

We have the same route booked for Aug 1 overnight in YYZ and out at 7:10 am on Aug 2. I was going to try one of the lounges but haven't priced them yet. The hotels I looked at were in the $300 - $400 range, so not worth spending that much for 4 hours for me. Plus, I probably wouldn't sleep anyway. I'm guessing with WetJet's new Halifax schedules, could be a lot of us bluenosers spending the night in the YYZ airport over the next few months.

We have the same route booked for Aug 1 overnight in YYZ and out at 7:10 am on Aug 2. I was going to try one of the lounges but haven't priced them yet. The hotels I looked at were in the $300 - $400 range, so not worth spending that much for 4 hours for me. Plus, I probably wouldn't sleep anyway. I'm guessing with WetJet's new Halifax schedules, could be a lot of us bluenosers spending the night in the YYZ airport over the next few months.
I don’t think the lounges are open over night.

I agree. Lots of us staying in the airport. WJ used to have good flights from Halifax but it looks like they now all require an overnight in TO or Calgary.

I checked out the lounges. They close around 10 pm. I know before Covid a few restaurants were open 24 hours (A and W for instance) but I don’t know if they are back to those hours.

I agree. Lots of us staying in the airport. WJ used to have good flights from Halifax but it looks like they now all require an overnight in TO or Calgary.

I checked out the lounges. They close around 10 pm. I know before Covid a few restaurants were open 24 hours (A and W for instance) but I don’t know if they are back to those hours.
Thanks for the update on the lounges...I never considered that they might close that early. Oh, well, guess we will just have to find a way to entertain ourselves in wee morning hours and make sure I pack a pillow in the carryon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter