• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late flight last day - what to do during the day?

jennyincolo

Earning My Ears
I just got an email this morning that our flight home has been moved to 9:20 PM after a week in Orlando, which puts us home at 11:20PM our time (MST). Anyone had this situation before? What do you do on the last day?

We have 3 smallish kiddos - 7, 5, and 13 months. We are going to be in Orlando for a week, 5 days in the parks, staying off site with a rental car. Should we try and do anything specific that last day?

We have all day Sunday to recover, and I think that's daylight savings end, so we get an extra hour on Sunday. Just wondering if we should go to the beach, or try and see something in Orlando... appreciate any thoughts if anyone has done this before!

:thumbsup2

You could add a day to your tickets for $10 per person (if going to the parks interests you) or head to Downtown Disney for lunch and shopping/browsing. There's a Legoland in Winter Haven (about 40 minutes from WDW). You could go to SeaWorld.

You could add a day to your tickets for $10 per person (if going to the parks interests you) or head to Downtown Disney for lunch and shopping/browsing. There's a Legoland in Winter Haven (about 40 minutes from WDW). You could go to SeaWorld.

Good ideas - thanks!

We always book the last flight out. We prefer to have the last day still feel like vacation and maximize our time. We plan a half day in a park (usually MK) and grab a late lunch before leaving for the airport.

You can do many things if you decide not to go to a park that day:
(Some examples)
-Shop
-Relax, explore the resort/pool
-Eat a character meal on property
-Explore other Disney resorts (ride the monorail)
-Explore Ft Wilderness (Horses & petting Zoo)
-Seaworld or a Waterpark

We always have the latest flight out possible. We go to MK at park opening and spend the day there packing in our favorite rides & snacks one last time!

Maybe a character breakfast or lunch followed by a bit of resort hopping? You could make this work with the monorail resorts, or the Boardwalk/Beach Club area and maybe build in time to sit and rest (or nap!).

I would add an extra day to your tickets and spend the day in a park. while I am a huge rope drop person, I think I would try to sleep in a bit before heading to the park as you will not be able to return to the room in the afternoon for a rest. There is always the chance you can request and be given late checkout if that would help you. I would not choose the beach or the water parks without a really late check out as I would haye to feel and look yucky on the trip home. You really would have most of the day to enjoy in the park for very little extra money!

We purposely booked our flight like this, so we would have a full day in the parks. We did Magic Kingdom, went back to the resort for a snack and to catch the Magical Express, and then ate dinner at the airport.

We too have a late flight booked (leaves 9:35, arrives home 11:05). We are keeping the rental car and probably adding another day onto our tickets. I can't justify the expense for 1 day at Seaworld (close to $400 for 4 of us), and am worried about driving the 45min/1 hr each way to Lego Land.

We always book the last flight out. We prefer to have the last day still feel like vacation and maximize our time. We plan a half day in a park (usually MK) and grab a late lunch before leaving for the airport.

You can do many things if you decide not to go to a park that day:
(Some examples)
-Shop
-Relax, explore the resort/pool
-Eat a character meal on property
-Explore other Disney resorts (ride the monorail)
-Explore Ft Wilderness (Horses & petting Zoo)
-Seaworld or a Waterpark

I had not thought about Ft Wilderness - that sounds like it might be fun. we are staying off site - and late check out is not available. I have been checking for a ADR for a character meal, but nothing is available at the moment. The extra $10 per day sounds good - or maybe we will save one of our days until Saturday and put another down day in during the week (like after our MK trip for wishes, etc.)

Good thoughts - all of them! I was thinking we were getting an "extra" day on our trip - glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Thanks so much!

Can you add on that extra day at any time? Like, can I add it on Friday if we decide to go Saturday?

We too have a late flight booked (leaves 9:35, arrives home 11:05). We are keeping the rental car and probably adding another day onto our tickets. I can't justify the expense for 1 day at Seaworld (close to $400 for 4 of us), and am worried about driving the 45min/1 hr each way to Lego Land.

We always try to book the latest flight home then spend the day most times at the theme park closest to our resort so it is easy to get back for ME pick up. Just make sure to allow plenty of time for your bus transport back to your resort we usually allow 2 or 3 hours which gives us time to pick up any last minute souvieneers or snacks for the trip home and any carry on bags left with bell services

DD and I are flying out at 745pm, so I've been looking for ideas too. I think adding a day sounds awesome, but I know she would like Fort Wilderness also.

Thanks for all the tips :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter