• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late night flight arrival, stay at Hyatt, than DME in morning ??

ladybugsister

Earning My Ears
My question for you folks is: I found a cheaper flight that arrives at MCO at 11:30 PM on friday night and we are staying at ASMo technically starting on Saturday. I was thinking of staying and sleeping a little at the Hyatt right in MCO and than waking up bright and early to take the DME to ASMo. My question is do you think my luggage will be ok if I allow DME to pick it up like regular? One of the biggest benefits to me with DME is the luggage delivery. I have 2 small kids so between getting them around with all of the suitcases, I love the luggage delivery. I would assume they would just store it at bell hop similar to if I arrive early on Saturday but the room wasn't ready.

Has anyone done this?

That would work, but booking another night via Expedia or similar at ASMo is probably cheaper than the Hyatt at the Airport!

I am sure if you explained at check in that you have two bookings they'd make sure your room stays the same :)

Do not do this.

When your luggage arrives, it will go around and around on the carousel until someone steals it or it gets taken to the unclaimed luggage office (where it could easily be misplaced for days.)

You need to pick your luggage up.

As I mentioned, ASMo is probably cheaper than the Hyatt. When I looked for one of our trips, Hyatt was three times more than ASMu

My question for you folks is: I found a cheaper flight that arrives at MCO at 11:30 PM on friday night and we are staying at ASMo technically starting on Saturday. I was thinking of staying and sleeping a little at the Hyatt right in MCO and than waking up bright and early to take the DME to ASMo. My question is do you think my luggage will be ok if I allow DME to pick it up like regular? One of the biggest benefits to me with DME is the luggage delivery. I have 2 small kids so between getting them around with all of the suitcases, I love the luggage delivery. I would assume they would just store it at bell hop similar to if I arrive early on Saturday but the room wasn't ready.

Has anyone done this?
DME does not pick-up/transfer luggage from flights arriving at MCO after 10pm, so regardless of whether you stay at the airport Hyatt or go directly to WDW, you will have to get your luggage at regular baggage claim.

DME does not pick-up/transfer luggage from flights arriving at MCO after 10pm, so regardless of whether you stay at the airport Hyatt or go directly to WDW, you will have to get your luggage at regular baggage claim.

Yep. Either way, OP has to handle their own luggage. Which isn't that big of a deal. You can hire a porter for the cost of a tip.

OP, we had a late arrival on our trip in December and chose to stay at the Hyatt. We also have two kids, and even having to go and claim our luggage ourselves, it was well worth it to stay at the Hyatt that first night. We checked in literally within 10 minutes of getting off the plane, and then my husband camped out with the kids in the lobby lounge and got some appetizers while I ran down to bag claim since the kids needed a little snack before bed. Grabbed our luggage and by the time I got back to the hotel, the food was there. We ate and were up to our rooms, tucked into bed, about 45 minutes after arrival. Slept in and woke up refreshed the next day, jumped on DME, and made it to the parks well rested by noon.

Compare the story above to our late arrival in June. Got to MCO around the same time as our arrival in December. Still had to handle our own luggage since it was so late. Made our way down to DME. Only two other families on the bus. Sat on bus for 30 minutes while we waited for a large school group to arrive. School group arrived. Had to wait for them to load their luggage. Then they screamed all the way to their resort, which was the first stop. Had to wait for all of them to get their luggage out from under the bus. In the end, it took us 2 hours to get to our resort and by the time we were in bed at 1:45 in the morning, the kids were a mess. Being up that late threw off our schedule in the morning as well. It just wasn't a very great start to our vacation.

Well, all the OP said was that she was coming in at night. That doesn't absolutely mean after 10pm.

So if she came in at 8 or 9 or 9:30 the bags would be pulled and wouldn't hit the carousel, but it's after that that is the big unknown. There's nowhere for them to go that night.

Of course if she IS coming in after 10, they will sit on the carousel.

Well, all the OP said was that she was coming in at night. That doesn't absolutely mean after 10pm.

So if she came in at 8 or 9 or 9:30 the bags would be pulled and wouldn't hit the carousel, but it's after that that is the big unknown. There's nowhere for them to go that night.

Of course if she IS coming in after 10, they will sit on the carousel.
Actually, the OP stated "My question for you folks is: I found a cheaper flight that arrives at MCO at 11:30 PM on friday night". So yes, the OP is arriving after the 10pm cutoff for DME luggage service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter