Late Night Transportation

Wineaux

Earning My Ears
During the day I understand there are buses and the monorail and water taxis to get you around.

However, what are the options for after park closing?

For instance we're considering dinner at Narcoosees at GF around 730 on a Saturday night. How do we get back to OKW?

Late nights at DTD isn't a problem because of the water taxis right? They do run pretty late don't they? Does anyone know exactly how late?

Thanks!

You can take a bus from the GF to DTD to connect with transportation back to OKW. I'm not sure how late you can catch a boat, but the buses run until after PI closes. You can also get a cab from the GF directly to OKW.

The boat drivers say that the boats run till 11:00 or 11:30
can't remember which right off hand. Hope this helps. :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I'm starting to get a sense at how huge this park is! We had no problem getting around Disneyland. Staying at the Grand Californian, you're just smack dab in the middle of everything and we could walk wherever we wanted easily.

Is there a website strictly about transportation within WDW? Do buses run between all resorts and parks? How often?

What does it cost to use taxis? Are we talking miles between destinations? I'm traveling with three other adults so taxis could be the most affordable nighttime alternative.

The DIS has a Transportation board and usually the resident expert Tyler will answer your questions about WDW buses. As far as I know, buses run between all resorts and parks about every 20 minutes. The slight "glitch" is if you want to go from one resort to another; you have to transfer at a park or DTD. Taxis are $10-$15 from anywhere to anywhere else ($1.50 per mile) on property, as far as I know. KarenNY is right and PI doesn't close until 2 am. I hope this helps because I hope it's correct. :cool:

You say your dinner time is at 7:30. If you finish your dinner before 9:30, you should be able to hop the monorail over to Epcot, then take a bus to OKW from Epcot.

If Magic Kingdom is still open, you can take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, then a bus to OKW.

If neither is open, then you will need to take a bus to Downtown Disney, then transfer to an OKW bus. These buses do run until 2am.

Carol

The OKW/DD boat makes it's last trip at 9:40pm- so it would be a tight timetable to catch that one.

As already suggested, you can take the monorail to Epcot and catch the OKW bus there or just hop the GF bus to DD (PI stop) and switch to the OKW bus there. DD buses run until 2:00am.

Enjoy!

I am heading done in 4 days with my boyfriend and another couple and we are staying at the CBR. We have dinner resevation at Chef Mickey at 8pm. If we use the park transporation will it be available around 10pm? Also has anyone been to Pleasure Island ? Is there transporation back to the resort from there?

If you are at Chef Mickey's around 10pm, then to get back to CBR you will need to take a bus to Downtown Disney, then transfer to a CBR bus.

Yes there are buses directly from CBR to Pleasure Island and back all day until 2am!!

Pleasure Island is great, lots of fun!! Try the Adventurer's Club!!

Kungaloosh!

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter