• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late October/Early November and Christmas Advice Please

EricaW

Earning My Ears
Hello! I have recently joined this forum and this is my first post so I hope this is an appropriate location for it. I am looking at planning a Disney World trip somewhere in the Oct.30-Nov.12 date range. I know they start putting up Christmas decor almost immediately after Halloween, but how much can we expect to see if we go in that time period? I would really like the kids to see the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian especially.

Our other option is to go sometime around Dec. 22-Jan.1. Am I crazy for thinking we can brave the crowds? How long are the lines? I especially don't want to wait in crazy long lines at quick service restaurants forever with tired, hungry kids.

For some background, we will have a 6 yr old, 4/5 yr old, and a 2/3 yr old (depending on what dates we go). We went in Feb. 2015 and had a great time. Hardly any crowds but the Fifteens were horrible and downright rude to my family. I'd like to avoid them. I've personally been to Disney World 3 other times many years ago and went during some really busy times but I don't remember how long the lines were.

Thanks for any insight!

Christmas week is the busiest week of the year - shoulder to shoulder. I'd pick October/November. Some things made those crowds a bit larger, like Veterans Day, and NJ Teachers convention, last weekend of food and wine at Epcot. Just check the dates.

I would say if you can go earlier in October (towards the beginning) or after MLK day you will have a better time and less crowds.

I would do the October/November timeframe. If you want Christmas decor, go on the later end of that date range and perhaps consider going to the MVMCP to see the Christmas parade and fireworks. You may not see all of the holiday decor or festivities, but Dec. 22 - Jan. 1 will be crazy, crazy crowded. We were there from Dec. 25 - Dec. 30 last year and you simply can't tour like you would the rest of the year. It's wall-to-wall people. In terms of QS, we walked into Cosmic Ray's one day and walked right out because not only were the lines excruciatingly long, there was no where to sit.

I would do the October/November timeframe. If you want Christmas decor, go on the later end of that date range and perhaps consider going to the MVMCP to see the Christmas parade and fireworks. You may not see all of the holiday decor or festivities, but Dec. 22 - Jan. 1 will be crazy, crazy crowded. We were there from Dec. 25 - Dec. 30 last year and you simply can't tour like you would the rest of the year. It's wall-to-wall people. In terms of QS, we walked into Cosmic Ray's one day and walked right out because not only were the lines excruciatingly long, there was no where to sit.

Wow, thanks for the info. The lines for dining are awful when you have hungry kids!

We just booked Nov. 14-19. I think the crowds will be light but we will still see the christmas decor!

The past year we arrived on Nov 14th. The Christmas decorations were put up pretty much everywhere, although they were still placing the huge centerpiece trees in AK and Epcot. For us the crowds are low, temperature is warm, but not sweltering. If you get a chance, go by the Grand Floridian to visit the gingerbread house. So worth the extra time to check it out.

The past year we arrived on Nov 14th. The Christmas decorations were put up pretty much everywhere, although they were still placing the huge centerpiece trees in AK and Epcot. For us the crowds are low, temperature is warm, but not sweltering. If you get a chance, go by the Grand Floridian to visit the gingerbread house. So worth the extra time to check it out.

My family and I will be in Disney that same time frame. Any other recommended Christmas sights to see outside of the parks. We will be hitting the Christmas party for sure.

My family and I will be in Disney that same time frame. Any other recommended Christmas sights to see outside of the parks. We will be hitting the Christmas party for sure.

WDW does an A+ job during the holiday season. Disney Springs does an amazing job as well decorating and putting everyone into the spirit. Mickeys Very Merry Event is spectacular, and if money is not object, you could also request a holiday package if you're staying onsite. http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/dreamingofadisneychristmaskit.do
Epcot's Holidays Around the World is amazing. I'm not sure if they start that early in Nov. Last year we were too early for the candlelight processional. The characters are already in Christmas gear and its not hard to find holiday cheer. Again, if staying onsite, people do decorate their windows for the holidays...lights, ornaments, etc. Unfortunately, Osborne Lights was a must see, but last year was the last showing. Have a wonderful trip!

WDW does an A+ job during the holiday season. Disney Springs does an amazing job as well decorating and putting everyone into the spirit. Mickeys Very Merry Event is spectacular, and if money is not object, you could also request a holiday package if you're staying onsite. http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/dreamingofadisneychristmaskit.do
Epcot's Holidays Around the World is amazing. I'm not sure if they start that early in Nov. Last year we were too early for the candlelight processional. The characters are already in Christmas gear and its not hard to find holiday cheer. Again, if staying onsite, people do decorate their windows for the holidays...lights, ornaments, etc. Unfortunately, Osborne Lights was a must see, but last year was the last showing. Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks! I think we're a bit too early for Holiday Around the World and the Candlelight Processional. I'm hoping Disney finds a way to bring back the Osborne Lights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter