Late Seating and 9PM Tasting?

OhThePain

DIS Veteran
We have late seating on our upcoming Wish cruise and booked a Reserve Whiskey Bourbon Tasting which begins at 9. If we mention this to our dining room team, will they be able to get us in and out with a full meal in time? We could always skip dessert if necessary. We will be staying concierge and will have a table for 2 so we wouldn't be inconveniencing any table mates.

Anyone have any experience with late seating and a 9:00 tasting? Or, any experiences with the Reserve Whiskey Bourbon Tasting?

TIA! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Late dining starts at 8:15 so it will be rushed but if you talk to your serving team they should be able to get you out in time....definitely won't have time for dessert.

You may also want to keep watch on booking availability for the tastings. On our last Fantasy cruise, my husband was disappointed that most were during our late dining time, but a month or so before the cruise we found some tastings added at 10:30 pm and on sea days.

Probably not, unless you just get a bunch of apps and leave. I would probably try eating somewhere else that night or switching your tasting time.

I have heard of being able to switch your dining time for a single night when excursions get back later than planned. It can't hurt to ask if your tasting is still at the same time on embarkation day.

It might have gotten better, but getting in and out could depend on which dining room you're in. When I was on the Wish in the spring, it took a very long time to get food at Arendelle. Our server even apologized in advance about it and said it was because the kitchen is rather far away - unlike other ships.

Leaving early could also mean missing some of the entertainment if that's something you're interested in.

I can absolutely vouch for those 10:30 tastings. I went to a few of those.

Our team got the message on our last cruise - we wanted to eat quickly most nights. We expressly told them that. And we knew what we wanted to order when we went in (the menus are on the app). And let them know to bring the courses as they are ready - not waiting between courses.

You got mixed responses, some saying it can be done others saying it can't.
What puzzles me is your statement that you "will have a table for 2 so we wouldn't be inconveniencing any table mates".
Won't you be effecting other tables though?

Thank you for your thoughts.

We decided to reach out to Shoreside and requested a dining rotation so that we have 1923 that evening (our request is still pending). We know that 1923 generally has the most favorable reviews as far as food goes, but we will be on the Treasure in 2025, so I am sure the menu will be at least similar, and we would rather not miss out on the entertainment at Arendelle or Worlds of Marvel. We may opt for dinner in the concierge lounge or at the FoF that night, so we aren't rushed or rushing anyone.

What puzzles me is your statement that you "will have a table for 2 so we wouldn't be inconveniencing any table mates".
No, it shouldn't affect anyone else. A dining room team that is even just halfway decent should be able to handle a small hiccup, especially a hiccup that they deal with all the time. Think about how often they get younger passengers fed and out the door, long before the parents are served, and there are lots of offerings that only happen during dinner times that people will book. It's the nature of the cruising beast. Tables that take exceedingly long to place orders and generally slow things down tend to have more of an affect on other tables.

Thank you for your thoughts.

We decided to reach out to Shoreside and requested a dining rotation so that we have 1923 that evening (our request is still pending). We know that 1923 generally has the most favorable reviews as far as food goes, but we will be on the Treasure in 2025, so I am sure the menu will be at least similar, and we would rather not miss out on the entertainment at Arendelle or Worlds of Marvel. We may opt for dinner in the concierge lounge or at the FoF that night, so we aren't rushed or rushing anyone.

No, it shouldn't affect anyone else. A dining room team that is even just halfway decent should be able to handle a small hiccup, especially a hiccup that they deal with all the time. Think about how often they get younger passengers fed and out the door, long before the parents are served, and there are lots of offerings that only happen during dinner times that people will book. It's the nature of the cruising beast. Tables that take exceedingly long to place orders and generally slow things down tend to have more of an affect on other tables.
Respectfully I disagree. Decisions we make always effect others. We may not be aware and some people just don't care. I remember our table not getting the typical service because of another table. But you are right in that the team can usually cover their extra stress or change in routine caused by such circumstances so other tables aren't aware of what happened. I just tend to observe a little deeper.

In regards to inconveniencing table mates:
If you are sharing a table and want to take longer or shorten the time between courses, it often applies to everyone at the table. It may not be the dining experience the other people were hoping for. Requesting a quicker meal is best at a table for your own party.

No one has mentioned this so I will, do you want to be drinking after eating possibly a big meal?

I know tasting are not a huge amount to drink however my wife and I did something like this years ago on the
Fantasy.

Needless to say neither of us got sick or anything like that, however, neither of us were really in the mood to drink anything because we were full from dinner so we really did not enjoy it.

I know everyone is different however this is just the experience my wife and I had.

We have late seating on our upcoming Wish cruise and booked a Reserve Whiskey Bourbon Tasting which begins at 9. If we mention this to our dining room team, will they be able to get us in and out with a full meal in time? We could always skip dessert if necessary. We will be staying concierge and will have a table for 2 so we wouldn't be inconveniencing any table mates.

Anyone have any experience with late seating and a 9:00 tasting? Or, any experiences with the Reserve Whiskey Bourbon Tasting?

TIA! :goodvibes :thumbsup2
I would recommend just eating in the lounge that day. In our experince the hot food menu there was much better than the MDRs on the Wish. If you ask, they can make a slightly larger or double portion of the hot plates and that was filling. We were b2b2b and by the second cruise we were doing that or adult dining most nights.

The night I Reserve Whiskey Bourbon Tasting I did Palo.Dad got sick before so missed both, but it was great that way. I was doing a Back-2- Back so worked out it was pirate night and wasn't missing the food in regular rotation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter