Laundry at GCH

scoker

Mouseketeer
Tell me about the laundry facilities at GCH. Are there multiple washers? Are there change machines? Do you remember how much a load costs to wash and dry?

Leaving in 3 days, packing, packing, packing :yay:

We used the laundry facilities for the first time last Nov. and they were awesome! I can't tell you exactly how much it costs as I had problems with the coin token machine so they gave me the tokens and the laundry soap. But something tell's me it's like $3 a load?? The machines only take their tokens, as well as purchasing the soap products. If you have problems with the tokens, you can get more at the front desk. There were alot of machines, at least 8 or 10 washers I think, as well as dryers. I felt safe leaving my laundry in the wash and returned to put in the dryer, etc. There also is a security camera in the room in case you have any problems. You have to use your room key to access the facilities and I think it was on the 3rd floor.

My only suggestion is not to overload the machines, my first load I put too much it it and it came out with dried soap everywhere so I had to rewash them again. And they have signs up not to put tennis shoes in. Oh and don't forget to bring something to take your clean clothes back :)

It was a great convenience and I think I'm going to start using it everytime we go and not have to pack so much clothes. I just did it at night after the parks closed and when my family was sleeping in the room.

Used them and there are multiple machines. Also there are 2-3 facilities in the GCH. They are tricky to find and require some navigation (at least for me).
They weren't cheap, I seem to think it was like $1.50-$2 each. The token machine was beoken during my visit too and I had to get them at the feont desk. So, id recommend getting tokens & directions so you dont have to trek back. Also, there are times that the dryers are full even if the washers aren't. I guess people use the dryers after repeat GRR rides and/or to dry bathing suits. This might not be a common occurrence as I only have used the facility once during our one trip. However, I thought I'd mention it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter