Laundry Basket/Hamper

happybaker

Mouseketeer
I was scrolling through Instagram last night and came across a video of a woman showing off the built-in drying racks in her laundry room, but the comments were all about how she was using the same laundry basket for dirty and clean clothes.

Do you use separate baskets or hampers for dirty and clean clothes?

We don't use separate baskets. We toss dirty clothes in the basket and when it's full, we do laundry. It goes from the washer to the dryer and back in the same basket to get folded and put away. Maybe if we had a different lifestyle with clothes that got really dirty I could see using a basket for dirty and clean clothes, but that's not us.

We use a hamper type of burlap sack, one sits in my closet and the other sits next to my wife's side of the bed. We toss clothes in there and then shlep them to the laundry room to wash. We have animals that shed so keeping the hamper with dog and cat hair away from the fresh clean clothes (most of which are black because we both wear a LOT of black) is advantageous for us.

Same basket for both, but since we both can get dirty at work/home we will leave particularly dirty jeans/cloths in laundry room or out on porch.

Different. I have a shelf with laundry baskets specific to each person. Everyone has hampers in their rooms for dirty laundry. They bring them down, dump on the basement floor, get washed and then clothes get put into their baskets.

We use a laundry basket for dirty laundry only. The clean laundry goes straight from the dryer, is folded as necessary, and then directly put away. It does not go into any laundry basket until it is dirty again.

I suppose if someone who had kids that came in filthy everyday or had a career where you got fairly filthy over the course of a day ....two hampers might make sense. I don't have that problem, so one works fine for me!

I’m not a germaphobe but if I were simply wiping out the laundry container would solve the problem for me without the need to further stimulate the economy with purchases just for th sake of purchases. SMH.

The basket is to transport dirty laundry only. Once the dryer is completed, I take the mound of clean clothes to the family room, throw it on the coach and begin my folding, etc. I watch T.V. at the same time to pass the time.

We have hampers in our rooms to hold dirty clothes. One laundry basket in the laundry room stays put there and only holds dirty laundry. Then one laundry basket that I fold clothes into and bring upstairs, then fill with dirty clothes to bring down to the laundry room.

The basket is to transport dirty laundry only. Once the dryer is completed, I take the mound of clean clothes to the family room, throw it on the coach and begin my folding, etc. I watch T.V. at the same time to pass the time.
I would be dropping clothes all the way between the dryer and where I was folding... hence using the basket again. :D

Interesting, all the minor things we do and don't even think about ... and others do it so different.

We have different but I have a stupid big laundry room off our master that can handle.

Two baskets sit on top of dryer/washer, one for dirty clothes and one for dirty towels.

Opposite wall I have a countertop for baskets. ALL of us have our own basket for clean clothes on counter, and we carry basket to closets/dressers to put away then return basket.

This is done for ease, convenience and because we have space. Like said above none of us get dirty enough to worry about baskets. IF we do yard work, paint or get sweaty, those clothes get tossed on laundry room floor until washed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter